(000.) THE WORST CASE SCENARIOS

(   ACT I  ━━━  " SEASON ONE "   )PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE.
THE WORST CASE SCENARIOS

       AT A QUARTER PAST THE SEVENTH HOUR OF THE NINTH DAY OF DECEMBER 2004, A WOMAN WENT INTO LABOR.

This was unusual in no way whatsoever. The culmination of a normal, average pregnancy.

The child in question was a bouncing baby girl, christened Isadora Carolina Patch, and after two days spent in the hospital, was taken home to an ordinary brick house on the outskirts of Mexico City. Her parents were ordinary folks; her father was a businessman from New York, and her mother was a local schoolteacher.

Isadora had a rather run-of-the-mill childhood; she played with Barbie dolls and ate lemon carlota and watched the Little Mermaid. A completely and utterly conventional upbringing, aside from one rather unique aspect.

Instead of counting the days until her birthday or writing letters to Papá Noel, Isadora was waiting for the apocalypse. She was particularly interested in surviving it.

Though, the obsession wasn't exactly her fault; her mother, Samanta Diaz, had always been a strong believer in the end of the world. Her father, Sean, not so much; but he obliged his wife and allowed them to construct a small bunker in the backyard and stockpile cans of food and water in various cupboards around the house.

And thus, throughout her raising, the apocalypse was always there, as if they were running a race and it was two steps ahead of her. She wanted to catch it.

Isadora could perform a simple——and less than mediocre——cross-stitch before she even went to school, and by the time she was five, she could distinguish the inedible flowers in her father's garden from the perfectly nutritional ones, as well as several weeds.