An awkward tension [11]

The Why Don't We House
Los Angeles, California
——— 🌻 ———

It was the part of the summer where Daniel had to stay with his band mates. The Los Angeles days were long and hot, it was the peak of the summer.

Jonah was still weary about Zachary, and it bothered Daniel. Daniel and Zach obviously shared a room and every morning when Zachary would come out of the room wearing one of Daniel's shirts, Jonah gave him a disgusted look.

Jonah was especially judgmental the days after Zach and Daniel had sex. They tried to be quiet, but Zachary turns out to be very vocal.

Zach sat at the breakfast table the morning after one of those nights. Jonah was there too. While Zachary was pouring his cereal, he felt eyes shooting daggers into the back of his head.

Just as he was about to whirl around and ask the judgmental boy what his problem was, Daniel beat him to it.

"Jonah I swear to god, if you don't stop glaring at my boyfriend I will kick your sorry ass to next year."

"Your 'boyfriend' is going to ruin your life, I can feel it." Jonah snapped and got up in Daniel's face.

Daniel shoved him, "shut the fuck up! You have no clue what you're talking about you fucking asshole."

Just as Jonah was about to punch Daniel in the face, Zachary got in between the two boys trying to separate them. His timing was off because when Jonah's fist came down, it collided with his face.

Zach instantly felt the warm blood trickle down his face, then as it dripped into his mouth tasted the irony taste. Everything was a blur after that. He was shocked, he knew Jonah hated him but not enough to do this.

He was kicked out of his trance by Corbyn and Jack screaming for his help, Jonah and Daniel were at each other's throats again like wolves battling for dominance.

Zachary helped the weaker of the two Corbyn, pull Daniel back while Jack got ahold of Jonah and ripped him away from where Daniel was standing.

"I don't know what the fuck has gotten into you two, but it needs to stop. This better be a one time thing because we can't have a successful band with you two acting like this and you know it." Corbyn said after the boys calmed down.

Zachary winced in pain as Daniel applied the warm washcloth to his cut up cheek and swollen nose.

"Zachy, I'm so sorry. Sorry that Jonah treated you like that and sorry that you had to see me lose my temper. It's just, the things he said about you and the way he looked at you pissed me right off."

Zach kissed Daniel's cheek, "honestly, you're kind of sexy when you're about to rip someone's face off. But seriously, I'm sorry Jonah hates me so much. It's probably hell for you fighting with your best friend and all."

"It's worth it if it makes you think I'm sexy. Want me to go down there and start a fight with Jack right now?" Daniel teased.

"No thank you, I don't feel like taking another punch for you today Daniel. Try again next week." Zachary laughed at Daniel's stupid joke.

"You go downstairs and wait for me alright? I'm gonna clean up in here and then how about we go out for lunch? It's been a while since we've went out together."

Zach nodded and started off down the stairs. When he got to the living room to wait for Daniel, Jonah was there watching greys anatomy.

Zachary sat as far away from Jonah as he could, noting that Jonah's eyes followed him everywhere he went.

"You know, I'm sorry about all the things I've ever said about you. I have a reason you know? That I don't like you with Daniel."

"Oh yeah, Mr. Assface? And what might that reason be that you hate me so much?" Zach crossed his arms and stared at Jonah, not realizing Daniel came down the stairs and was standing in the doorframe.

"I don't like you with Daniel because I think I'd like you with me if that makes sense. I'm struggling with my sexuality and I think I am bisexual. I'm in love with you? Choose me instead of him please?"

Zachary's eyes widened larger than the size of his ass, which is very thicc. Daniel cleared his throat and Jonah looked at him with that 'oh shit' kind of look in his eyes.

And with that, Zachary found himself having to find a way to let Jonah down gently.

——— 🌻 ———

AHAHHAHAHA i was bored and wanted a sister SCANDALLLL
so i made this rollercoaster of a chapter
do i have any regrets?
none.

— jaymi <3