eight

Jungkook

I needed this day at the hospital. I was so tired of having to pretend each fucking time to be someone I was clearly not, only to finish my studies peacefully. At my father's clinic, it's like breathing fresh air. I could finally breathe. I could finally enjoy my time. And not in the last, that girl wasn't around to give me a hard time and end up with a headache.

I liked to help my father around. Maybe it's his clinic, but he prefers to take care of the business on his own, so every time I'm around to give him a hand with the paperwork, he's always happy and grateful for it. When he sees me entering his office, he would leave happily as fast as possible, too excited to pick up my mother and go out, just the two of them. Because the clinic takes almost all of his time, he rarely has any free time for his wife. He feels guilty for not taking her out more often, that's why he tries to make up for it at least once in a month.
I still had to study to become a real doctor and take full charge of his business, but it's a long way till then. I could only take my father's responsibilities once per month as I had to study most of the time.

Even if I enjoyed my time at the hospital, it was still a little hard to concentrate as the last few days were keep replaying in my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about Y/N. No matter how much I tried to understand her behavior, I couldn't. She never seemed so pushy with anyone. But when it comes to me, it's like she wants to control both my thoughts and my body. And I had no idea how to take that. I wasn't someone who would easily obey. I never liked being pushed around. And I definitely wasn't going to give her any satisfaction. It was all just a game for her and it pissed me off.

I prayed she would not make me problems at University. I had to endure two more years.

I sighed.
As I was about to open my father's laptop, a knock on the door brought my attention to it.

"Come in."

"Excuse me, sir." My dad's secretary poked her head through the partly opened door. "Your father called me and instructed me to hand you these documents." She quickly informed me.

I signaled her to come in. "Leave them on my desk, thanks."

"Sure, Mr. Jeon."

I watched her as she approached my desk. After placing the documents in front of me, my eyes swapped through the pad of paper before going back to her, realizing that she was still there. I expected her to leave right after but her delaying departure brought my attention back to her.

I tilted my head questionable, waiting for her to speak if there was something more. Her cheeks got a little pink as she avoided my gaze and bit her lip nervously.

"Can I help you with something?" I made the decision to ask, giving her a hand.

After a moment of silence, she said quietly,
"I...Y-yeah. You see... I-I was wondering if you would like to have dinner with me."