Chapter 1

I hear the bell ring and rush out of the classroom. As I walk home my friend Kylee catches  up to me.

"Hey." She says.

"Hi." I reply. I' not very much of a talker. Kylee, on the other hand, always talks. Some kids at school say that they don't know how two completley different people could be best friends. My house is a block away from the school. I live at a barn with three horses.

        My mom's horse is a buckskin mare named Nina, my dad's is a grey horse named Apollo and mine is a chocolate palimino apaloosa named Zeke. After a bad fall I took I didn't ride for a year. I broke two ribs and my shoulder.

        When I get to my house, Kylee and I say goodbye. My dad is on the porch, looking at the hills. Our property is huge and has a field that leads into a forest. I use to ride Zeke in the forest before my fall.

"Hi dad." I say as I walk up the steps to the porch.

"Hi, honey." He replies as soon as he hears my voice. My mom is riding Nina in the field, as usual. I'm the only one in the family that doesn't ride anmore. Even my three year old cousin rides.

"Oh. Hannah, someone called for you today." My dad says.

"Really? Who?"

"I don't know. They just left a message."

        When I get into the house I could see the phone had one message. I press the button to see what the message was.

"Hi, Hannah. It's Julie and I was thinking you could come to the horse show I'm in next week at the equine center. You could even compete if you want." says the message. Everyone in my family nagged me about getting back in the saddle. My answer is always 'No.'

        I I'm too scared of falling again. My dreams were continuously me falling. I wish they would just leave my life alone.