06

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗

Park Eunji's POV
I closed the door gently, being careful not to make too much noise. The sounds of numerous medical apparatus and chatter filled my ears while the smell of the medicine continued to bother me. As I walk past the reception desk, I give the nurses a smile goodbye before walking out into the bitter winter air.

The relentless and harsh cold slaps my face, sending shivers throughout my body and a pink flush appeared across my face. As a result, I pull my scarf closer to my neck. Suddenly, I collide with someone else. Spinning round, I quickly mutter a gentle apology. My eyebrows immediately furrow in confusion once I recognise him - Mark Lee. I soon notice his pale face and his arm clasping his side protectively; Mark was undoubtedly in pain.

"Are you ok?" I ask curiously.

Mark seemed particularly cautious to answer, but ultimately gave in. "Can you help me, please?"

"What do you mean? Do you need me to go get a doctor? Are you badly injured?"

Mark once again seemed hesitant, looking around skeptically. "No, don't. Can you come with me instead, I'm having a bit of trouble walking around."

I immediately place his other arm around my shoulders for support, walking slowly towards a cab. Once we get in, I wait for Mark to provide the driver with an address. I instantly recognised it as being Jaehyun's apartment. Why wouldn't he go into the hospital if he was already there? Why Jaehyun's apartment if he's injured? Various questions crowded my head, while a somewhat threatening silence occupied the cab.

We'd finally arrived and were now stood at Jaehyun's door, waiting for it to open. The door swung open, a worried Jaehyun appearing. He'd begun talking before the door had even fully opened, making him oblivious of Mark's presence.

"Eunji! Where the hell have you been!" Jaehyun complained, however he quickly kept quiet once he realised I wasn't alone.

Jaehyun's expression shifted into a serious expression, instantly going into his practical mode. Removing Mark's arm from my shoulders, he assists Mark towards the couch. I quietly observed, still trying to understand what had happened.

As soon as Mark sat down, Jaehyun convinced him to remove his arm from his side. It took a few moments, but once Mark complied and lifted his shirt to uncover his side, I gasped in shock.

I could see a badly bandaged wound, the white cloths stained with a deep red. Unlike me, Jaehyun showed no sign of shock - proceeding to inspect the wound. He immediately orders me to locate a bag in his room, which had some medical supplies.

I run into the room, understanding the clear need for urgency. Heading towards the closet he mentioned it was in, I open the doors. As I search for the bag, I quickly freeze as I spot something. A gun. A reminder of who Jaehyun is actually is. The curiosity gets the best of me, as I slowly and cautiously pick it up.

The cold metal brushes against my soft skin as I grasp it in my hand. Memories of the first night Jaehyun and I properly met come flooding back; it sent chills down my spine, causing me to drop the gun. I instantly feel my wrist being grasped as I am spun around. Jaehyun grabs the bag and forcefully shuts the closet door.

"Don't ever touch that again," he sternly threatens. "That is not something you should even think about if you don't know how to use one."

Jaehyun's strong grip on my wrist loosens slightly, before he dragged me out of his room. Guilt and fear wash over me; I wasn't afraid of him, I was afraid of what that gun meant. Is it not safe here either?