11

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗

Eunji's POV

The bright morning sunlight leaked through the large windows as I slowly opened my eyes. I quickly noticed the familiar smell of pancakes. I'd been staying at the mansion for a few days now and so far I'd spent my time either at school or in my room.

Jaehyun has not contacted me since he'd left, and I was worried. I didn't know where he was or what he was doing - and I probably didn't want to know - but I couldn't help but worry.

A sharp knock at my door distracts me from my thoughts. "Come in." I shout.

Ms.Kim enters slowly, neatly placing her hands in front of her as she stops in front of the door. "Have you got anything planned today?"

I shake my head. "No, but I was curious about something..." This was probably a long shot but I wanted to know. "Have you got information on the members of other gangs?"

Ms.Kim showed no hesitation as she immediately said no. I found it suspicious but I knew any further questioning would be useless. Swiftly exiting, she leaves me to drown in my thoughts.

Sohee's words had been bothering me ever since. "It wasn't an accident." There are 50 million possibilities and I only need one, but I just can't piece it together.

That's it, I need to find more information. If Ms.Kim won't give it to me, then I'm going to have to go to someone else. (no matter how absolutely terrifying they are...)

✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾

Tapping lightly on the large wooden doors, I tried my best to hide my fear. A deep, stern voice instructs me to enter, quickly increasing my nerves.

"What are you doing here?" asks Jaehyun's uncle. He was definitely not happy to see me at all.

"I need something." I reply.

"I told you that you aren't allowed to be here, and now you're asking me for something?" He scoffs, continuing to focus on his work rather than me.

"Please... it's important. It has nothing to do with you or Jaehyun either, I'm not trying to snoop on you. I need information on someone else."

He pauses for a moment before looking up at me with his piercing eyes. "Who?"

"Kim Sohee."

"Excuse me?" He looks at me with large eyes, shocked by the name I'd said. Her name seemed to have struck a small ounce of fear in him, something I never thought possible.

"Do you know her?" I ask, moving forward to take a seat in front of his desk.

He takes a moment to answer, clearly unsure whether to tell me. "Kim Sohee... she's a part of one of our biggest rivals. She's also one of our biggest threats. They use her as an assassin. Not only has she taken out many of my men, she has taken out many civilians who have witnessed crimes."

"Wha-" I begin, before the doors suddenly open, Ms.Kim swiftly entering.

"Jaehyun is back, but his wound seemed to have reopened..."