09

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗

Narrators POV

"Can we talk?" asks Jaehyun, becoming nervous.

Eunji freezes; this was the one thing she didn't want to hear. Yes, there's a chance she had feelings for Jaehyun and yes, she can't deny she felt something when they kissed. But not only was he part of a gang, could she say she really knew him? It was overwhelming for Eunji, and she'd wanted more time to think.

Jaehyun seemed to sense Eunji's hesitation as he was the first to say something.

"I don't see it as a mistake." Jaehyun moves closer to Eunji, placing his hand under her chin and lifting her head. "But if this isn't something you want, we can pretend it never happened."

Truth be told, Eunji almost said she felt the same. She almost completely ignored her doubts. Almost.

Placing her hand on his arm, she gives him a weak, sympathetic smile. "We can't. Not like this. I'm sorry."

Just as Jaehyun was about to reply, his phone buzzes. Eunji stares awkwardly as he checks the message. His expression quickly changed into a serious one, as he quickly types something.

"I need to go. I'm probably not going to be back till late. If something urgent happens, call me. Only if it's urgent." Jaehyun quickly turns, grabbing his coat and keys before swiftly leaving.

Confused, it took a few moments before Eunji continued making her tea before heading to her room.

'That was so awkward' thought Eunji. Truth be told, it rather relieved her when Jaehyun said he had to leave. But where did he go? Eunji shakes her head, dismissing her thoughts. These questions are exactly why she felt she couldn't be with him.

∘✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾

As the sun leaked through the large windows, the sound of Jisung giggling and shouting echoed through the house.

"You'll never catch me" chanted Jisung as Eunji ran after him, chuckling. Catching up, Eunji engulfs Jisung in a hug as the little one playfully tried to squirm out of her arms.

Despite the large age gap, the two siblings had been alone since Jisung was born. Eunji raised him, and felt a deep bond with him. She'd do anything for him, no matter what it meant.

Suddenly, the atmosphere shifted into a dark and ominous one. Jisung had now become a teenager, while Eunji felt exactly the same. She watched as Jisung stormed out the house; a tight feeling formed in her chest as she screamed as Jisung: "Don't go!"

Eunji jolted up, breathing heavily. The nightmares had started again. Trying to calm down, she realised she'd been woken up because of her phone ringing. Once she noticed the number, she hastily picked up.

∘✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾

Running down the hallway as fast as she could, Eunji completely ignored all the odd stares. The tears we're burning her cheeks and her breathing became painful. "Jisung!" she breathed as she finally reached her brothers hospital room.

The doctor turned to her, giving her a sympathetic look while gesturing for her to follow him outside.

"He's finally stable now. We're unsure what caused the sudden change, but we are looking into it." The doctor turns his attention to a nurse who was calling him, before excusing himself.

As Eunji slowly walked into the hospital room, she tried her best to keep her emotions at bay. She takes a seat next to Jisung and hesitantly places her hand on Jisung's hand.

"You can't do this again, you scared me. I need you to keep fighting, ok? Please." the tears become uncontrollable as they slowly roll down her cheeks.

Eunji spent the next hour or two talking to Jisung. This was the first time his condition had changed and part of Eunji was scared that if she left, it would happen again.

As she got up to get some water Eunji noticed flowers on a table. Curious, she found one of the nurses. "Do you know who left those flowers for my brother?"

The nurse smiled, nodding her head. "Your cousin."

Eunji responds with a confused look, which the nurse quickly picks up on. "She had short, dark hair and was probably taller than you?"

As Eunji thinks for a moment, she decides to lie. "Ah right, sorry I have a few cousins.." she answers, laughing awkwardly. The nurse nods, excusing herself.

'Who could that be?' thought Eunji. Interrupting her thoughts, a nurse informs her that visiting hours are over. Eunji grabbed her stuff, leaving the hospital and heading home.

∘✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ∘◦ ✾

The sudden echo of the front door opening snaps Eunji out of her trance. She places her mug on the coffee table, getting off the couch. Turning to face the hallway, she quickly becomes concerned as Jaehyun comes into view. 

Just as the night this all started, Jaehyun's face was littered with bruises. However, the only difference was his blood stained clothing which clung onto his body. Jaehyun wasn't alone either, as Johnny helped him walk. He, too, was covered in bruises, but he wasn't as injured as Jaehyun.

"What are you doing up?" asks Jaehyun quietly as he locks eye contact with Eunji.

"I couldn't sleep. But what the hell happened to you?" Eunji moves towards the two figures, assisting Jaehyun to the couch.

His expression changes as he looks towards Johnny. Although no words were said, Johnny clearly knew what Jaehyun was thinking as he suddenly spoke. "Tell her, Jaehyun. She deserves to know."

Continuing to stay silent, Jaehyun stares at the ground. Johnny continues, moving towards the front door: "If your pain gets worse, Taeil put some painkillers in your pocket. He said you must come back though. I'll leave you two alone..."

Eunji turns her attention towards Jaehyun, who was still staring at the floor while biting his lip nervously. She takes a seat; her gaze fixed on the pained and uneasy figure.

"For God's sake, Jaehyun! I'm sick and tired of this secrecy, so just tell me what you guys were talking about." blurts Eunji, surprising Jaehyun.

"The gang that was looking for us that night at the store, we had a confrontation with them." He pauses, slowly looking up to face Eunji.

"Sohee is a member..."

╚═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╝

sorry for lowkeydisapearing for so long lol,, ngl i wasn't sure what i was doing w this chapter and just went w the flow so it took a while...😂😪

tbh atm i'm not sure how i feel ab this book,, i 100% probably should've planned this out but i'm an idiot and new at this so yea. i'm trying my best here so i'm sorry for the bad content but it should hopefully improve soon.

anyways lol - tysm for the votes + ty for reading. have a nice day!!💞