A Time Like This

Piper came into the Hospital asking for her brother and where was He? The nurse pointed out a distraught Henry walking around the waiting wondering how is mom is doing . Henry called Piper when she was in New york and when told her about the news about the car accident she left the baby with a trusted friend in New York and hopped on a Plane going to Swellview then hopped into a cab and told the driver to head straight for the hospital. They waited there for the whole night waiting for answers from a doctor but then once they felt a doctor shake them awake and their worst fears of losing another parent came true again. Mr.s Hart...gone? She was only 34 years old only shy of her 35 birthday. Now she would never get to do that. She and Henry and Piper would never have a normal Mother and child relationship,because she was dead. Piper and Henry were in denial. Henry got on his knees and begged the doctor to try again, to save her. Tears welled up in the doctor's eyes. But there was nothing that he could do. Piper had tried to see if she could feel a pulse from her mother. The doctors must have made a mistake! It couldn't be like this! Piper had crawled into her mother's death bed and had cried herself to sleep to a lifeless Mr.s Hart. Henry had stayed there too, but he didn't fall asleep. Jasper and Charlotte came the next morning. Charlotte cried and cried over Mr.s Hart's body and jasper just stood there, stunned, holding Mr.s Hart's hand and trying to see if he could wake her up by squeezing it. Everyone who knew Mr.s Hart went to go see her. Nobody believed that she was gone. But they would eventually have to.

It was time again, for Henry to go to another funeral. The third one in one year. He wore the same tuxedo he worn to  his Dad and Ray funeral. Mr.s Hart was buried in a coffin lined with hot red silk. That was her favorite color. And Henry remembered the conversation they had in the ambulance on the night that she died.  "I want my funeral to be at the beach". Henry found it cruelly ironic because it was 2 blocks away from the building where the accident occurred Since she would never get to meet baby Jake, He made sure to tell Piper that she had to put a photo of Baby Jake in the coffin.  

He had also prepared a eulogy. Even though he didn't show it to anyone, he had given it a title called, My angel in disguise

If My mom didn't push me out of the way,people would be at my funeral today. Even though People the people closet to me have been taken away from me too soon, I feel like one of the luckiest guys in the world. I am surrounded by angels. My Mom definitely fits my description of a hero. She was always Helpful, beautiful, kind, ambitious, determined, ad heroic in every which way.  People sometimes wonder how I could through something like this. Well, here is my answer. My Last words to my mom were I love you, and her last words to me were I love you too.  I feel better with the knowledge that she died knowing that I loved her. Everybody here, go home and tell your family and your friends that you love them. They could be your last words. Don't let my mom down. By joining all people together, regardless of religion, race, creed,appearance or talent  or anything else like that, You'll be passing on the torch that she lit.She had a dream,that one day all people will get along. This may be the end of a life, but it will not be the end of a dream. The young people of this country will not allow this to happen. And, Mom if you can hear me right now I love you and We will meet again I promise. 

Mr.s Hart was buried in the same resting place as Henry's Father. The epitaph on her grave,which was in the shape of a cross.,Read: 

Mr.s Hart 1985-2019 

Dear Mother, Wife,Grandmother 

Her favorite outfit she wore in the kitchen whenever  she made food for her family was signed by all the people who attended the funeral.Henry couldn't move on.He knew what he said to her before she got hit by the car would be in his mind forever. One week after the  funeral , he was back at his house and up in his mom and Dad's room cleaning out everything in the room and giving the Mother's clothes to goodwill and throwing the dad's clothing out. Piper then remembered something.Hey,remember those letters we wrote?  During thanksgiving time to write what we are thankful for? Grandma Stacy made us write them, Henry nodded, not really caring much. Let's get Mom's Henry looked interested now. Where are they? Piper went a little blank. Then she remembered