The Right Medicine

The next morning, Charlotte woke up to an empty room, and with how her luck was going it didn't surprise her. At the back of her mind, she had always been thinking, when they get over the shock of stuff that's happened they will remember they don't like me again. 

She was just contemplating leaving and stealing some of the drugs she was on so she could have more sleepless nights. When she was about to reach out her hand the door immediately burst open and it was Henry who came stumbling in looking askew. Charlotte thought he must have gotten out of bed because his hair was ruffled and his button-down shirt was on inside out and the lace on his shoes wasn't tied up. 

I'm so sorry. He said panting heavily I slept through my alarm and then when I realized the time, I already knew you would have to be up. I knew I had run over here and  I'm sorry for not bringing you a nice breakfast and coffee but I didn't have time and I didn't want you to wake up on your own but you did and I promised I'd be here. he said it all quickly looking down ashamed but looked up when he heard a giggle coming from Charlotte.

He looked up surprised and saw her just pointing at his top, he looked down to see it was still on inside out and blushed. Charlotte just smiled she didn't mind his lateness he was just glad he had come back at all and the idea that he wanted to go to so much trouble was enough for her. 

He excused himself and turned around and pulled his shirt off and turned it the right way round and put it back on again. Charlotte couldn't help but stare even just at his back and arms, she loved Henry's body, and just seeing his naked skin was mesmerizing and made her want to touch it. Henry turned around again fully clothed and caught Charlotte staring at him and smirked.

"I'm so irresistible".  He said. Charlotte gently smiled at him because it was so nice to be around him and there was no hate.  It was again too much for her though, she hadn't been this happy for a while and she couldn't stop herself from crying. 

Henry was confused because one minute she was smiling and laughing and the next she was crying, he didn't say anything though he just walked over to her, sat on the edge of her bed and pulled her into a hug and gently stroked her hair. Unfortunately for Henry this just made her cry harder in a way she didn't feel like she deserved this comfort from him and she was paranoid that he might change his mind again about his feelings for her. 

She was still crying when the doctor and nurse came in to discharge her. Henry quickly assured then he hadn't done anything and the nurse simply explained to him that it was just that Charlotte was a bit vulnerable at the moment. 

The doctors examined her and decided she was well enough to go home and after that, he and Henry had to leave the room while Charlotte got changed. The nurse offered to help but Charlotte just shook her head she needed a bit of alone time to pull herself together. Putting on the clothes on her top half was easy, it was just trying to put on some trouser that was difficult, she had a cast on the top part of her leg that went to just below the knee. It took her 25 minutes of trying to realize that she wouldn't be able to put her normal jeans on as the cast was too bulky. 

She finally gave up trying and put the skirt on that Lauren brought for her, she didn't want to wear a skirt though because it was still Winter outside and because she hadn't been eating well recently she really felt the cold. It took her 20 minutes to put her skirt on but she was proud because she did it all by herself. She knew there wasn't much she could do to stop her eyes looking red and puffy so she brushed her hair.

She opened the door signaling for Henry to come back in and he entered followed by Jasper, Lauren, and Piper. She just sat on the edge of the bed feeling a bit shy. Jasper comes up to her and gives her a big hug while Piper and Lauren hung back slightly awkward.