Chapter 3: Your company

Last night. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I won't forget it. I've only met her briefly yet have connected with her deeply. She understands me more than anyone else ever has. I've never thought I could trust someone so quickly before but with her I feel at ease. Emilia. It really is a nice name. One that will stick with me for a long time.

Meanwhile...

Emilia PoV
"I have to go and receive my insignia tomorrow Puck." I had just realised that my royal business begins tomorrow and I have so much to prepare for. I have not a slightest idea how I can accomplish it all but I'm willing to try! For Lagunica I will!
Puck: "So does Y/N know about this?"
Emilia: "I plan to tell her tomorrow."
Puck: "tomorrow? Isn't that a bit soon? She might feel a little lost without your guidance Lia."
Emilia: "I'm sure she'll be fine. She's...different."
Puck: "in what sense?"
Emilia: "In the sense that she knows how to deal with people due to her personal experiences. Including people like me. I was...drawn by that. That's something about her that I'm fond of."
Puck: "you do seem to like her a lot Lia. Even I do too!"
Emilia: "well let's not get too far fetched. Let's just say I enjoy her company. That's all."
Puck: "sure you do..."
Emilia: "b-be quiet!"

Timeskip

Y/N PoV
"Miss Y/N. Miss Y/N. Wake up"
I groaned and opened my eyes to see blurs of red and blue towering over me. Once my vision cleared up I could tell it was Rem and Ram.
Y/N: "morning girls"
Rem and Ram: "morning ma'am"
Emilia: "good morning"
Y/N: "what brings you here cutie?"
She ignored my comment with a blush still evident on her face.
Emilia: "I thought to let you know that I'll be going into town today to tend to some...business I have."
Y/N: "Aww damn. I'll go with you."
Emilia: "You'll what?"
Y/N: "I'll go with you. I mean why not? I'll get to see how great of a "business" woman you are and it gives me the opportunity to get to know Lagunica a lot better."
Emilia: "well...alright. If you insist. We leave in a few minutes so ready yourself and I'll meet you on the ground floor."
Y/N: "Yes your majesty!"
I saluted in a light-hearted manner but notice her cock her head in confusion before waving it off and walking away. Oh well.
Rem: "Miss Y/N, we've prepared you some clothes for you to change into. We believe they'd be appropriate for your visit to the Lagunican centre."
Ram: "we too will wish you a farewell downstairs"
Y/N: "thanks ladies"
They bowed in unison leaving the room.

I quickly changed into the clothes provided for me including the sword just in case.

I then headed downstairs and was pleasantly surprised with everyone I had met during my short time here awaiting me at the door

Roswaal: "A shame you're leaving us so soon Y/N. You are such a charming individual. Be sure to visit us soon alright?"
Y/N: "will do sir Roswaal"
Roswaal: "oh and between you and me."
He leaned down and began to whisper in my ear.
Roswaal: "take good care of Emilia for me."
He winked.
Y/N: "she's in good hands."
I grinned as he beamed back. I then turned to Beatrice.
Y/N: "doubt you'll miss me at all I suppose"
Beatrice: "Are you seriously gonna make fun of me when you're about to leave. Hmph! I'll miss bubby wayyyy more."
Y/N: "figured as much"
Rem and Ram: "farewell miss Y/N. We'll miss you greatly."
Y/N: "nonsense. I was barely here a minute. And stop with formalities. Just call me Y/N."
I winked and patted each of their heads which made them both smile.
Ram: "I can't say calling you by your name alone is appropriate as you said yourself that you've only been here a minute but I'll accept your wishes Y/N."
Rem: "as will I."
Y/N: "awesome"
Puck: "let's get going!"