Chapter 1 - Amanda

Amanda's P.O.V.

My name is Amanda Richardson. I'm 20 years old, and I'm dating Paul McCartney. Yes, the cute bassist of The Beatles. Paul and I have known each other since we were little, and we've been dating since we were in our teens.

Anyway, let me tell you a bit about my family, I live with my dad, Dennis, and my little sister, Chloe. She is 10 years old. My mom died when I was 12. The cause of her death was lung cancer since she smoked for a long time. It was rough for my family, but we pulled through after about a year.

Now I'll fill you in on my relationship with Paul. We met when I was 4 and Paul was 5. In preschool, we were paired up in a class project and we hit it off really well. We've been hanging out with each other each and every day at school, and when we have play dates at home.

Our friendship became close as time went on. In the summer of 1954, I lost my mom. She's been smoking for many years and refused to quit no matter how many times my dad asked her to stop. Two years after mom died, Paul lost his due to breast cancer. Paul was really upset about it and came to me for support.

When I was 15 and Paul was 16, he developed a crush on me. We became boyfriend and girlfriend after I returned my feelings back to him.

Let's move to the present. The year is 1963. As I already mentioned, I'm at the age of 20 and Paul is 21. He inspired me to be a musician just like him. Not only that, I too became a guitarist.

For this particular day, Paul and I are sitting down and going over some songs that he and his bandmate, John Lennon recently wrote. "This is a very good song, Paul! The lyrics are great, but I don't think I've heard the song itself." I said. "Well, Amanda, I'd be more than happy to to play it for you." Said Paul. "Oh, please do!" I said. Paul grabs his guitar and tunes it. Once he was all set, he starts playing and singing.

Love, love me do
You know I love you
I'll always be true
So please, love me do
Whoa, love me do

Love, love me do
You know I love you
I'll always be true
So please, love me do
Whoa, love me do

Someone to love
Somebody new
Someone to love
Someone like you

Love, love me do
You know I love you
I'll always be true
So please, love me do
Whoa, love me do

Love, love me do
You know I love you
I'll always be true
So please, love me do
Whoa, love me do

Yeah, love me do
Whoa, oh, love me do

I clapped for Paul after he finished singing. "That was great, Paulie!" I said. "Thank you, love. John and I wrote it for you." Paul said. "For me?! Awww, sweetheart!" I said excitedly. I wrap Paul into a hug and kissed his cheek. "I love you!" I said. "I love you too." Said Paul. He kisses me back.

After moments of playing beautiful music, we decided to go for an evening stroll. Paul had his arm around me as we walked through the night. "You know, love, you should consider writing songs sometime." He said. "Really?" I asked. "Sure. You're a musician now, and you deserve to have your own list of songs. Heck, you can even cover some if you can." Paul said. "That's true. But I'm worried that no one would bother listening to me sing. I wish I had some inspiration." I said as I hang my head.

Paul stops walking and moves in front of me. He lifts my face up and places his hands on my shoulders. "Amanda, I've seen you do amazing things! Think about the stuff that happens in your life, the people you care about, and more. Whenever I write songs with John, we have so many things that inspire us. You're an amazing singer, and I know tons of people in the world would enjoy your music!" He said.

I was quiet for a moment. The right words were unable to come out of my mouth. Paul gently taps on my face. "Please, say something!" He pleaded. "Maybe you're right." I finally spoke. "There we go! That's my Amanda talking!" Paul said with a smile. He leans down and kisses my forehead. It's adorable that he's a little taller than me.

We walked back to my house after a while. Once we got there, we walked inside to be greeted by my dad. "Hello, pumpkin!" He said. "Hi, Dad! Where's Chloe?" I said. Just as I said that, in came my little sister. "Amanda, you're back!" She said. I open my arms and Chloe comes running up to me as I trap her into a hug.

"Hey, Chlo! Were you good for Dad while I was out?" I asked. "Yes I was. I even drew a picture!" Said Chloe. "Oh, nice! Can I see it?" I asked. Chloe nods and runs upstairs to grab her drawing. She comes down a minute later and hands it to me. "Chloe, this is amazing! What is it supposed to be?" I asked. "It's a springtime background. I drew a bunch of flowers, butterflies, bees, even the sun." Chloe said. "Very nicely done, baby sis! You should consider becoming an artist someday!" I said. "I think I will." Said Chloe.

"Can I see the drawing too?" Asked Paul. "Sure, Paul." Chloe said. I handed Paul Chloe's drawing. "Wow, Chloe! You're very talented!" He said. "Thank you." Said Chloe. Paul hands Chloe back her drawing and she goes back upstairs. "I'm going home now, love. I'm needed in the studio tomorrow, so we'll probably spend some time together in the afternoon." Paul said. "Alright, Paul." I said.

Paul gives me a quick kiss on my cheek. "Good night, Amanda." He said. "Good night." I said. As Paul exits my house, I turn my attention back to my dad. "Amanda, honey, I'm a little tired. Would you mind tucking Chloe in tonight?" He asked. "Sure, Dad." I said. "Thank you, sweetie." My dad said. I give him a quick kiss before going upstairs. I then make my way towards Chloe's room.

"Chloe, it's time for bed." I said. "I'm guessing you're tucking me in?" Chloe asked. "Yeah. Dad asked me to do so since he's a little tired." I said. "I understand." Said Chloe. She gets herself comfortable as I pull the covers up to her. She wraps her arms around me and we hug. "Good night, Chlo." I said. "Good night, Amanda." Chloe said. I turn off the lights and exit her room.

As I walked into my room, I picked up my guitar and my notebook. I begin writing down words and put them into a song. I didn't get a lot done since I was starting to get tired. So I put my stuff away and made myself comfortable in bed.