Chapter 11 (Finale) - Family Bonding

Paul's P.O.V.

We're finally back home! As Amanda suggested, I went out with her and Chloe to get some flowers. Her dad tagged along as well. For the first part, Amanda and Chloe went off together as I talked with Dennis.

"So, Paul, how did you two enjoy Florida?" He asked. "We loved it! You should've seen Amanda's face when we went to Disney, it was absolutely adorable!" I said. "Really?" Asked Dennis. "Oh yeah! She wouldn't stop smiling!" I said. "I don't blame her. She always wanted to see Disney. We were gonna go as a whole family, but we never did after Joyce died." Dennis said. "How did she die again?" I asked. "She had lung cancer. For many years, she continuously smoked. I begged her to quit, but she refused." Said Dennis.

I gave him a pat on the back. "I know how you all feel. My mother died from breast cancer when I was 14." I said. "Such a shame." Dennis said. He and I spent the next few minutes opening up to each other.

Amanda's P.O.V.

Chloe and I returned with a basket full of flowers. Paul and my dad were talking to each other. "We're back!" I said. "That's a lot of flowers!" Said my dad. "It's always good to have more than less. That's what I always say." Said Chloe. "That's true, Chloe." Said Paul.

As my dad goes for a walk, Paul, Chloe, and I were getting creative with the flowers. Paul made a crown and put it on my head. "You look pretty, Amanda!" Chloe said. "Thanks, Chlo." I said.

Paul takes another flower out of the basket. "Hey, Chloe. Here's one for you." He said. He puts the flower in Chloe's hair. "Thanks, Paul! I love it!" She said. "You look just like your sister." Paul said. He gently pats Chloe's head and she giggles. "You're an amazing stepbrother, Paul! And I love you!" She said. "I love you too, Chlo." Said Paul. Chloe wraps Paul into a hug. My heart melts at the sight.

"Awww! I'm so glad you two are getting along!" I said. Chloe smiles at me and so does Paul. "I'm gonna go get some more flowers. You two can have some romantic time alone for a bit." Said Chloe. She grabs her basket and rushes back into the flower field. Since Paul was sitting across from me at the picnic table, he moves next to me so he has a better chance of holding me.

"Your sister is very sweet." He said. "Thanks. After my mom died, I taught her how to act like a lady. She learns fast." I said. Paul nods and puts his arm around me. "We may not have brought our guitars, but would you like to sing with me for a bit?" He asked. "Sure. Since I picked the last duet, I'm gonna let you pick this time." I said. "Okay, let's do our very first duet." Said Paul. "Are you referring to Looking Through Your Eyes?" I asked. "Yes ma'am." Paul said. "Let's do it then!" I said. Paul and I listened to the music play in our heads to help us sing.

Paul: Look at the sky tell me what do you see
Just close your eyes and describe it to me
The heavens are sparkling with starlight tonight
That's what I see through your eyes

Amanda: I see the heavens each time that you smile
I hear your heartbeat just go on for miles
And suddenly I know why life is worthwhile
That's what I see through your eyes

Both: That's what I see through your eyes
Here in the night, I see the sun
Here in the dark, our two hearts are one
Its out of our hands, we can't stop what we have begun
And love just took me by surprise, looking through your eyes

I see a night I wish could last forever
I see a world we're meant to see together
And it is so much more than I remember

Paul: More than I remember

Amanda: More than I have known

Both: Here in the night, I see the sun
Here in the dark, our two hearts are one
Its out of our hands, we can't stop what we have begun
And love just took me by surprise, looking through your eyes

Looking through your eyes

After we finished singing, we kissed. Once we pulled away, we smiled at each other. "I always dreamed I'd get a happy ending." I said. "Well, you definitely got one. It's having me by your side forever and ever." Said Paul. "I love you so much, Paul, my handsome husband!" I said with a smile. Paul smiles back at me. "I love you too, Amanda, my beautiful wife!" He said.

Paul tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and puts both of his hands on my face. I caressed his face with both hands as well. Paul pulls me towards him and my lips touch his. Our kiss lasted for the longest time ever. It's amazing to believe that two amazingly talented singers have fallen in love, wrote and sang beautiful songs together.

Paul and I continued to kiss and our lips never disconnected. The two of us are now happily married and we're gonna be spending the rest of our lives together. I'm especially glad to have a happily ever after with my Paulie by my side

The End