FAKE IT TIL' YA MAKE IT

•𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚟𝚒

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚟𝚒.

After another restless night, Anakin got up and put on his robe, not bothering to tie it. The breeze felt good on his bare torso as he went to the nearby balcony in his lonely room.

He looked out, and to his surprise, he saw Callisto's white lightsaber beam. She was practicing moves, but...in the middle of the night? Something wasn't right.

He took the elevator down and walked through the gardens. It was a beautiful night, full of stars and the perfect temperature.

"Cal? Why are you up? And practicing?" Anakin pondered and rubbed his eyes.

Callisto kept practicing, but replied, "I need to get my mind straight. It's confused. Why are you out here with me?"

"Do you want me to leave?" Anakin asked. He already knew her answer, he just liked hearing her say it.

"Stay, your presence calms me," Callisto spoke in her raspy voice.

Anakin leaned on a turned off fountain and watched her technique. She had certainly learned fast, but Anakin could see her head was full of stress and heartache.

"Stop," He demanded, getting up and walking over to her. "You must tell me what is making you so melancholy."

"I can't," She panted, placing the saber on her utility belt.

Anakin got close to her, placing his hand on the back of her neck.

"You trust me, don't you?" Anakin reasoned.

"This is it, Anakin. You get close to me, you put your hands on my neck, you look at my lips, you compliment me, and you do all of this while knowing I have romantic interest in you. Then you go and flirt it up with Padmé. What is there not to understand?" She snapped, turning away from him.

"Watch the emotions. We can deal with this without anger," Anakin knew not to talk, but he could at least stop her from going on the wrong path.

"You're right. You happy you know what I was thinking?" She said with each word dripping in sarcasm.

"I...truthfully I don't know what to say. For one, I don't like Padmé like that at all. We're friends," He said and she turned back towards him, only he had already turned away from her.

"What about us?" Callisto asked in a weak voice.

Anakin turned around and in a sudden movement, he gently held her jaw and her waist and pressed his lips to hers.

Callisto almost passed out with joy. Her heart lit on fire and it was as if Anakin had just fulfilled her dreams in one simple movement.

He pulled away too quickly, looking her in the eyes with an unreadable emotion.