4° Chapter (Edited)

Picture of Taylor.

Chapter 4 -

As I stood in front of the Eating Chamber doors, nerves got the best of me. What if Tyler came up and talk to me? What would I do? I can't avoid him forever. Nor can I stay locked in my room.

I pushed the oak doors and entered the Eating Chambers; I carefully made my way to my parents table and sat down. My eyes always down. Never looking up.

- Father, I need to talk to you. - I said loud enough for only him to hear.

- What's the matter, son?

- I want to help the pack. I was thinking that maybe I could work in the kitchen, please? - I asked making my most pleading eyes.

- No, Archer. I don't want you there.

- Please, dad. I need it.

- Why now, Archer?

- I just want to help. I don't want to feel like a burden. - I said as tears threatened to spill.

I looked at my mum and saw her looking at me. She leaned over my father and whispered something in his ear. He sighed loudly.

- Okay, son. You can work in the kitchens. - He sighed again.

I threw myself at him, and hugged him really strongly. He laughed at my happiness and I let go. Happy that I could do something for the pack and that now I will no longer see Tyler all day.

~*~

Here I was. It's 7:30 am, and I'm standing at the doors of the kitchen. And from what I hear, I can say it's pretty busy.

As I entered through the door, a million of scents crashed on me. I could smell flour, and meat and sweat. It must be awfully tiring to work on the kitchens. All those people to be feed...

I made my way through the dozens of Omegas that worked in the kitchen. It was like heaven. My safe space, where no one would think they're better than me because they're Dominants. No one to look down on me. As I reached the door handler of the office of the kitchen Headmaster, it flew open, almost making me fall to the ground.

I looked up from the place I was and two beautiful chocolate brown eyes were staring at me. I looked down again and tried to enter the office of the headmaster, but he grabbed my arm.

- What are you doing here, Archer? - Oh god, why does his voice have to sound like heaven?

- Nothing that concerns you. - I said softly trying not to catch to much attention. But really, this must be the most interesting thing that happened in the kitchen in ages. I mean, a room full of Omegas like me, not used to have Dominants in here, and still here was one. Talking to me. A sub.

- Archer, let's go outside. We need to talk.

- But I don't want to be late in my first day working in the kitchens.

- I'm sure they don't mind. - He said looking around, seeing if someone said something. No one did.

He pulled me outside of the kitchens, and closed the door behind him.

- What do you wish to talk about, Tyler?

- Why did you run yesterday? - I looked up at his eyes. His always so captivating eyes.

- I didn't want to talk to you. - I said.

- But you don't know what I wished to talk about.

- And what is it?

- I want to talk about us. I want to kn...

- There is no us, Tyler. You didn't want it five years ago, why do you want it now? - I said cutting him in the middle of his word.

- I've told you that time years ago, that I couldn't have a mate with me. But now I want to.

- What about Taylor?

- What about her? - He asked.

- Aren't you supposed to be like together?

- What? No. We're just friends.

- But she presented herself as your girlfriend. - I said.

- Oh, that. That was a misunderstanding. She was just joking about that. I want to be with you.

- Really, Tyler. Really? I thought that I was dead to you.

And with that, I left him there. Standing alone, in the middle of a hallway with his eyes wide open and a shocked face.

I made my way through the kitchen again. People were staring at me, like I was crazy. Maybe they overheard mine and Tyler's argument.

Maybe I was a little crazy. I probably have just given up on my only chance of being happy with my mate.

I reached for the door handler of the office, and opened the door entering the place that would change my life for granted.

~*~

As I lay in my bed at night, I thought again about today. Maybe it was a little stupid of me to talk like that with Tyler. Maybe I should talk to him tomorrow and apologize for what I've said.

As I thought about that, pain travelled through my body from the core of my being, making me scream in pure agony. I covered my mouth as hot tears ran down my whitened face by the pain.

I'm such a fool. And thinking that I should apologize. What the hell happened to me? How can I be so naive? If he didn't want me five years ago, why would he want now? Maybe he's just messing with my head. I mean you don't go tell your mate you want him and when the mate, hurt because he was left five years alone facing the pain of knowing that his mate was having sex with someone else, says he don't understand and walk away, he just goes fuck the bitch he's supposed to be just friends with? Oh no. Now he can beg the life out of his dead body that I won't accept him. Not until his little friend is gone. Not until I trust him. I think I screwed up.

~*~

"I think I screwed up." Tyler thought as he saw Archer enter the kitchen after their discussion.

Tyler didn't know how Archer knew about that conversation with Taylor but he had already explained to her that he indeed had a mate here, in their new Pack and who it was. The person to who his heart really belonged to. Archer.

He was going to tell him that, maybe not the all truth but enough that Archer would want him again. But it seemed that Tyler had screwed up once again. Archer was not supposed to hear that discussion he had had with Taylor.

And now, without even noticing he had made his relationship with his mate even more instable. Tyler really had to correct his mistakes from now on. He had no choice when years ago he had told Taylor he was mateless, he had recently left Archer and the wound was still open and Taylor was like a powerful drug to make him forget.

Tyler was angry with himself when he entered his room as noticed Taylor waiting in his bed, naked and waiting for him. He lost track of his thoughts as if he had been enchanted and the only thing he could think of was Taylor and how he would be able to lose himself and forget about this reality in her beautiful curves.