I Need To Get Away From Here...Pronto!

My head pounded, throbbing behind my eyes, I let out a frustrated yell as I rolled over onto my stomach and buried my face in the pillows. Everything hurt. I squeezed my eyes shut, wishing the pain would go away.

I had a normal life. A perfectly normal life. Then that Friday night happened, the one that flipped my world over faster than my mom can flip a pancake on Sunday mornings.

Somebody please tell me this is just a nightmare and I'll wake up? The pain in my heart was unbearable, I felt like someone plunged their hand right through my chest and snatched out my heart and there was just this sore ache. I understand with love comes pain, but why did I have to love so much?

I opened one eye, grabbing the phone off my nightstand. Twenty two missed calls and five new texts, all from Jason. I ignored them, not caring what he had to say. I placed my phone back on my nightstand and connected it to its charger. I kept thinking about what happened last night. How could they do this to me?

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a knock on the door, but I really didn't feel like talking to anyone so I didn't answer, I just pulled the blanket up over my face. After a few moments and a few more knocks I heard the door creak open. I pulled the blanket down, but only to my nose so that only my forehead and eyes were showing.

"Hey sweetie, you've been in your room all day," my mom said peeking her head in. "Are you okay?"  And that's when I lost it. I buried my face in my hands and uncontrollable tears came down my face.

I took my mom by surprise. She definitely wasn't expecting that reaction. She rushed over to me and pulled me into a hug. She held me and rocked me until the tears stopped flowing.

"Sweetie, what happened?" She asked quietly. Probably hoping I wouldn't lose it again.

I took a deep breath. "Jason cheated on me last night at the party with...some girl. So I broke up with him." I started crying again. I was afraid of what my parents might do if they found out Calyssa was the girl Jason cheated on me with. I mean, It was bad enough that he cheated, but with my own sister?! Their daughter?! My father would kill her...them...literally! Yeah, I'm pissed at her and I feel like I could kill her myself, but she's my sister and we may be twins but I'm not like her, I have a heart, which is now shattered into a million pieces thanks to her.

I cried into my mother's chest and she gently rocked me back and forth as she whispered, "he is not worth your time or your tears. I know it may seem like the end of the world but I promise, you will get through this and trust me, he will be sorry."

She started to hum and gently rock me back and forth, gently rubbing my back in soothing circles of warmth. and I slowly dozed off.

I woke up a couple hours later feeling better. I sat up and looked around my room and my gaze landed on the small digital Yamaha piano that sat in the corner of my room. Made me think of my mom.

My fascination with music stirred from my mother singing and playing the piano in her free time as I grew up. When I was very young, I received a piano keyboard as a gift. Ever since then, I have always been intrigued by this instrument.

I got up out of my oh-so-warm-and-comfy bed and walked to the little piano in the corner. I sat down on the bench. I let my fingers graze the keys. I play a single note that resonates through my room. I play another and another until a familiar song emerges. A lullaby my mom used to sing to my sister and I when we were younger.

Somewhere over the rainbow

Way up high

And the dreams that you dreamed of