8. Caught in the moment

Michelle woke up early the next morning and went to "Hug the mug" to have coffee with Gabi. She dressed in a pair of black jeans and a beige sweater and grabbed her teddy coat, she looked super cozy.

"I can't believe you and Julian kissed." Gabi said all excited.

"I can't believe you were actually spying on us." Michelle said.

"I wasn't! In my defense I just wanted to visit mom at work and stumbled on you and Julian being all over each other. So I used the back entry to get inside." Gabi explained. "So how was it?"

"How was what?"

"The kiss, don't play with me."

"It felt like soft rain on a summer evening..."

"You are so cheesy, it's not summer anymore."

"I am kidding, it was simple and sweet and right. It was perfect but enough about that." Michelle said all smiling remembering it.

"Did you heard about the Christmas party and the fundraising for the orphanage?"

"Yes, we totally have to go."

"We seriously need to go shopping, I have nothing to wear here. I only brought cozy clothes."

Michelle knocked on Julian's door.

"Hi!"she said when he opened the door.

"Hi!"He replayed back. "Come inside. Let me help you with it." Julian said referring to her coat. His eyes traveled up and down her body. Michelle was hot. Why didn't he see it before, he almost wanted to smack his head for being so blind.

"Thank you, this place looks great." Michelle said. Inside the cabin was worm and it smelled like fresh wood.

"This are from you, mom thought you will like some." She handed him the coffee and the muffin her mom have packed for him.

"That's very nice of her. I will have to pass by the shop and bakery and thank her. I wanted to get started on hot chocolate but I guess we don't need it anymore." Julian said making his way into the kitchen. Hot chocolate was a necessity for any tree decoration but coffee will do the trick.

"Alright what music should we listen to?"

"A winter or a Christmas playlist on Youtube." Julian said returning from the kitchen.

"Were you okay last night, you looked a little concerned after you ended the call." Michelle said.

"It was nothing seriously just some things related to work." Julian lied. He didn't want to bother Michelle with his drama. Last night his mother called telling him that Agnes showed at their house asking for him.

He and Agnes were over, he never told anyone why they broke up, he just needed some time alone. Alone from her. His mom kept asking him about her and why he won't go home for Christmas.

"Alright, now from this tree. Let's do it!" she said clapping. The tree was still wrapped up leaning against the wall. Michelle prepared some ornaments so he could hang them on the tree. She had to admit she liked having him around.

"I don't have a star but I have this golden bow. I think you should be the one who puts the bow up." Julian said handing her the golden bow to go on top of the tree.

Michelle took the bow and grabbed o chair to stand on but before she could use it Julian lifted her taking her by surprise.

"Okay, the tree looks pretty good." Julian admitted.

"And we are done." Michelle said as Julian handed her the last ornament.

"We make a pretty good team." He smiled at her.

"Looks like we do."

"How about we make some pizza now and popcorn? I am hungry and don't really feel like going out? Julian asked.

"Yes. Homemade pizza sounds great." Michelle cheered.

"So, where do we start?"

"I'm going to make the dough and you can cute the olives and the other ingredients you want on yours."

"Okay, so we are having cheese, mozzarella, olives, pepper, corn kernels, mushrooms, ham and salami."

"We can make two different ones, one with corn and one with olives." Michelle suggested.

"I totally agree. Let me help put that in the tray and get rid of those ingredients." Julian said casually, inching slowly towards the bag of flour.

"Get rid of the ingredients, you ate...?" Michelle stopped short in her sentence as Julian grabbed the bag of flour.

"You are not going to? Are you?" Before Julian could do anything, she grabbed a hand full of flour from the table and threw it at him, giving him a powdery white face.

"This is war!" Julian said all covered in white. He took another bag of flour and completely emptied it on top of her head.

"Oops." Julian mischievously said. "My bad."

"Look what you did to my hair." Julian face clearly said: you asked for it.

"Now we are going to have to clean up." He approached Michelle. "You got flour on your lips." Michelle touched her lips to wipe it off when Julian stopped her. He kissed it off. Michelle kissed him back, deepening the kiss.

"I don't want to brake it but I also don't want to eat burned pizza." Michelle said going to check on the food.

"It smells so good. Can I keep you here?" Julian said holding her and kissing her hair.

"Do you want tea?" Julian yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes, please." Michelle said munching on some popcorn.

"You look cold, do you want a blanket?" He asked her setting two cups of tea on the table.

Michelle smiled, as he turned to get her one.

"So what movie should we watch?" He asked coming back with two fluffy, white, folded blankets. He set next to her covering Michelle with one of the blankets.

"I don't know you choose."

"What about Christmas getaway?" Julian asked.

"No."

"The spirit of Christmas?"

"No."

"Okay, you choose." Julian said rolling his eyes.

"Let's watch Last Christmas." Michelle smiled at him cheerfully.

"Fine, so much for letting me choose." He complained. Why all this movies have Christmas in the title.

The movie was almost over, and Michelle's eyes began to droop close. She struggled to keep them open, but it was no use. Julian wasn't really into Christmas movies but he loved watching Michelle's reaction towards it. He had to admit he didn't watch the movie the whole time he stared at her beautiful eyes which were focused on the TV screen. He noticed she was asleep all cuddled in the blanket and her hands were reaching for the empty ball of popcorn which he had already finished.

Julian found his hands reaching for her face. The Christmas lights from the tree were reflecting on her face. He slightly brushed her long hair and tucked it behind her ear. Then he stroke her face softly, he had no idea what he was doing, he was caught in the moment.

🎄