A Whale Of A Time

This morning when Jack woke up, he realized that there was an extra letter set on his desk.

"Huh, what's this?" Jack mumbles to himself as he opens the letter. As he reads it, Georgie walks in, looking a little pale.

"I see you got my letter..." Georgie mumbles before sneezing.

"You alright?" Jack asks.

"I don't feel all that well." Georgie replies, her nose a bright red.

"Seems like you've got a cold." Jack says. "Go take a rest, I can cover these files."

"Well I can't just leave you with- ACHOO!!! All of that. Someone's gotta help you." Georgie replies. "My sister can help you out."

"Alright, well get better soon." Jack says.

"Thanks... I'll- ACHOO!!! Try." Georgie replies before she leaves. A few minutes after Georgie leaves Jack quickly begins to work on the documents that he was given yesterday, and a few minutes after he begins work Wales walks in.

"Here to help?" Jack asks, eyes trained on the papers.

"Yep." Wales replies as she takes half of the documents for herself. "You certainly have quite a bit to work on."

"You tell me." Jack chuckles as the two look over them. A few more minutes pass and Jack hears Wales get up and slowly walk over towards him. "Oh, done already?"

"It's not as much as I thought it would be. How about you?" Wales asks.

"Just got one more... And done. Thanks for the help." Jack replies, but suddenly he feels Wales pressing her chest against his back as she sets the documents she's finished on his desk. "...Is this really necessary?"

"What?" Wales asks innocently. "Commander, you're always so tense... You should let me help you relax every now and then."

"I think I'm fine, thank you very much." Jack replies as Wales wraps her arms around him before finally resting her head on his shoulder. "Please let go..."

"Aww alright." Wales pouts as she lets go before she takes her leave. "I'll help you relax, whether you like it or not!"

"What's up with Wales? She's been acting like this ever since the Ironbloods came to visit..." Jack mumbles to himself as he rearranges the documents. "These will get to my higher ups soon." He says as he leaves his quarters and runs into Eugen.

"You look a little shaken, something happen?" Eugen asks.

"Wales happened." Jack replies.

"Was she flirting with you again?" Eugen chuckles sinisterly.

"...I guess?" Jack replies.

"My for a commander you can be very thick headed, she's clearly vying for you, why don't you reciprocate it?" Eugen asks.

"Well... I'm not exactly looking for love right now." Jack replies.

"Pffft, that's what all men say." Eugen giggles. "See you around lover boy." She says, booping the commander on the nose before leaving.

"That wasn't very helpful. First Wales now Eugen, great. Now I have TWO princes messing with me..." Jack mumbles as he heads into the dorms to check up on Georgie. "Is the king feeling any better?"

"Not really." Georgie mumbles. "Ugh... I feel so weak... Need... Snacks..."

"Let me see what I can get you." Jack chuckles as he heads into the dorm kitchen and fetches some snacks for the king.

"Thank you-ACHOO!!!" Georgie gets cut off as she lets out a loud sneeze.

"...Bless you." Jack says as he hands Georgie the food before taking his leave. "You know what? I'm gonna see what Bismarck and Zed are up to." He mumbles to himself, and it's only a minute before he runs into them.

"What do you want?" Zed asks.

"It's about Eugen." Jack replies.

"Did she say something to you?" Bismarck asks.

"Yeah." Jack replies.

"I wouldn't worry about it." Bismarck chuckles. "She does that all the time, even with fellow ships."

"Alright." Jack replies before he takes his leave, intent on finding Hood.