#23

Flashback-5- The last girl.

"I decided to not wait to kill Caroline off. I told Brian that night itself. And as expected, Caroline and Brian showed up the next day to investigate. I pointed them towards your direction. Cole was in coma, no one could've saved you. They got you in lock up and I sent Caroline the message. She showed up. I guess I was overjoyed that finally I was done with killing, until I found another girl connected to Brian.

I was also rather sad. Killing was fun. It gave me a thrill. Caroline showed up like I'd expected her to. I was going to shoot her. But little did I know that she was so smart. She was just the bait, she'd brought her lover boy and the rest of the team along. But well, I'm happy. I couldn't kill her, at least shot Marcus. She might deny, but she does love him. Now she'll watch him die." She laughed.
"You're pathetic, Madison. Justice will be done." I said and turned the recorder off. I submitted the confession to Captain and rushed to the hospital.

Caroline was waiting outside the O.T. with tears in her eyes.
"He'll be okay, Caroline." I said.
"I hope so. He's everything to me." She said.

Caroline-3 years later

Life imprisonment. That's the punishment Madison got for what she did. Marcus made it out of the O.T. that night. And I'm marrying the love of my life tomorrow. Cole got out of coma and confirmed that it was indeed Madison who tried to kill him. His heart did break a bit, but he got over it with Kaitlyn's help. Kaitlyn married Josh last year. Cole is single and doing great.

Captain retired a year ago. Both me and Marcus got promoted, we're sergeants now. And funnily enough, Cole gets along well with the rest of us now. Madison needed psychiatric help and Cole was appointed. He's doing his job well.

Guess who's our new Captain? It's Brian. He improved at a great pace once the right medicines were given to him. And everybody decided that he was the most experienced officer after Ivanowski. His contribution to Madison's case was a lot too. He's started dating again, he's getting over Sienna slowly.

As for me, the second Mark was done getting operated, I'd rushed to his bed and hugged him tight.
"Hey, Carly. Ouch. You're hurting me." He'd laughed as I'd hugged him tight. I'd withdrawn from the hug and laughed with tears in my eyes and kissed him passionately. It turns out that the experience of nearly losing him made me realise how much I love him. That night we made a promise to always be there for each other, never leave each other alone. And we've kept that promise. Brian is someone I loved a lot in the past and a good friend, but Mark, he's my best friend, my life partner, my everything.

We'd gone out on dates for two years and just realised everyday how perfect we were for each other. And then he'd proposed to me. Tomorrow, I'm getting married to him. Kaitlyn is going to be my maid of honour, and funny considering the history, Cole is Mark's best man. Jim is one of the groomsmen too. He's still the best sniffer dog we've got.

Things are stable at our precinct of the NYPD. With Brian as the captain, things are pretty much under control. Brian is still the girl-magnet and still very introvert. We're good friends though. And everyday he apologizes for all the physical harm he did to me when he was insane. I've asked him not to, but well, Brian doesn't listen.

Everything has turned out good in the end. Tomorrow at my wedding, Melissa will be missed a lot. I've heard that Ben Houton is a great student and James has started dating again. Erica was rescued from the basement. She needed psychiatric help to accept Mikayla's death. Erica met some girl down the road, and well, she's happily married too.

My roller coaster ride has finally come to a halt. And I have to admit, it was traumatic, filled with painful experiences, but whoever said the phrase, said it right, "All is well that ends well."