twenty one.

~

chapter twenty one : i would have never thought.

(buckle your seatbelts kids some stuff in goin down in this chapter)

NOAH POV
it's been a while since y/n has been living with us, and we've gotten a lot closer. and i really like her. like really like her.

i waited until i heard y/n leave for school, then i grabbed my phone and facetimed finn. i know he's good with girl advice and that, so i wanted to get some advice for today when i went to surprise y/n.

i was planning on showing up to her school at lunch so she's not in class, with flowers, and ask her to be my girlfriend. but the problem is that i'm really bad with wording things, so i thought finn could help, me out and i could trust him.

facetime call between noah and finn

finn
noah

hey finn!

hey noah what's up?

well, um i need some advice

uh advice on what?

girls.. i thought you would be able to help me.

uh yeah, what do you need help with?

well i was going to surprise y/n at her school today and i was going to ask her to be my girlfriend.

there was a long pause and finns face just turned pink.

hello? earth to finn?

um sorry n-noah, i have to go, good luck with y/n

then he hung up.

that was weird. as soon as i mention y/n he got really weird.

wait.

does finn like y/n?

no

nah he definitely doesn't, he's probably just tried, i mean it is pretty early.

i decided to walk down to the grocery store around to block to get some flowers, i asked mia what y/n's favourite flowers were yesterday, so i hope they had them. apparently y/n's dad gave her a sunflower charm before he died, and ever since then sunflowers had been her favourite flowers.

i walked into the store and saw the perfect bouquet of sunflowers. i bought them, and started to make my way to the school

•••

at y/n's school, lunch is at 12:15, when i got there it was 12:20, but no one was outside. i found it really weird, since it was such a nice and warm day out. i assumed everyone was in the cafeteria, so i continue to walk up the road to the doors.

something is definitely wrong. the lights are off, why would the lights be off during school hours.

then all of a sudden i hear a loud bang that causes me to jump. then it all clicks.

i felt my stomach drop and my heart started beating faster and faster. i called 911, and told them the situation. but i couldn't get my mind off y/n she's in there right now. in the school with a crazy psycho path that could kill her any second.

fuck it

i push the doors open quickly and quietly, and run silently down the hall, i hear another bang come from across the hall that makes me jump again. i keep running until i turned the corner, and saw something i never wanted to see.

y/n. on the ground. she was shot.

Y/N POV
i was heading to my locker to grab my lunch, day dreaming about what youtube video i could film next, when i hear a loud bang. not just any bang, a gunshot. i look around and panic washes over everyone's faces, every started running to try to get inside a classroom.

i was in shock. i couldn't believe what was happening. i start running too, classroom doors are closing and locking and im searching for a class that's open. then i see a guy run into my math class, so i followed him. i was a little far away but if i ran fast enough i could make it. i was running, when i heard another gunshot. this was way more loud. and then i felt a hot sharp pain in my ankle. i stumble around still trying to make it to the classroom but i couldn't walk. i fall to the ground and curl up in the corner waiting for someone. i don't know who but i needed someone.

i didn't get a good look at who the shooter was because they were wearing a mask.

i'm sitting in the corner of the hallway crying with my hands on my ankle trying to stop the bleeding, when i see someone come running up to me, my heart drops because i thought it was the shooter.

but it was noah.

"n-n-noah?" i manage to get out.

"oh my god y/n, your ankle!" he loudly whispered.

he takes his hoodie off and wraps it around my ankle to try and stop the bleeding.

"okay y/n we're going to get out of here okay? i just need you to stay strong." he whispers. he helps me up and i wrap my arm around his shoulder so i could walk. we're trying to go as fast as we can, but it's hard.

we turn the corner to the hall that leads to the doors, but we were too late.

there they were.

i would have never thought they would be the one to do this.

a/n - cliffhanger! haha don't kill me. anyone have any ideas on who it could be? also if you're liking the story, you should vote for some chapters, it really means a lot 😙💗💗

word count : 930