twenty two.

~

chapter twenty two : waiting.. and waiting..

Y/N POV
i would have never thought she would be the one to do this.

there she stood with a gun in her hand.

claire.

she stood in front of us slowly walking down the hall way. noah tugged my arm to tell me that we have to leave, but before we could make a run for it, we heard claire re load her gun and yell,

"don't move!"

noah and i froze standing there in shock.

"sooo y/n," claire started

"who's this guy?" she continued with an evil smirk on her face.

"claire, why a-" i started saying before she cut me off

"look y/n, i don't want to hear it" she snapped at me.

i don't know what got into her.

"you got what i always wanted. what i've always dreamed about." she continued to say.

"you got the fame you got friends you got popular, and you even managed to get yourself a famous little boyfriend." she said

there was a slight pause before she started to open her mouth to say something else, but got cut off by the sound of police sirens.

"now it's time to take that away from you. starting with you.... noah." claire said staring right into noah's eyes.

claire raised her gun up still staring at noah, and started slowly walking closer to us. i looked at noah and i could see the fear in his eyes. he was so focused on the gun claire was holding in her hands.

i didn't know what to do. you could hear the police outside getting closer, and claire could pull the trigger any second.

claire pulled the trigger after a few seconds, and the bullet was coming towards us. i pushed noah out of the way, as the bullet just missed his head.

i thought we were both okay, and no one was shot, until i got a hot sharp pain in my head that caused me to fall to the ground and then everything went black, and that was the last thing i remembered.

NOAH POV
i just stood there in shock at what was happening. i saw police running through the door chasing claire, and other paramedics putting people who were shot on stretchers.
i saw them pick up y/n off the ground and lay her down onto the stretcher and roll her away. my vision started to get blurry from all of the tears forming in my eyes and running down my cheeks.

the only things i could think about was that, she sacrificed her life for me. she pushed me out of the way so i could be safe. she cared about me that much. she put her life on the line so she could save mine.

i called my mom and told her what happened at the school and with y/n, and we rushed to the hospital. on the way i decided to text our group chat.

stranger texts

me
guys i have a serious emergency,
you all need to come to (where you live)
right now

millie
what do you mean?

caleb
what happened man?

me
it's y/n, you all just need to get
here as fast as you can, i can't
explain rn.

finn
is she okay? is she hurt?

sadie
oh no not my baby y/n ! mills
and i are on our way.

me
yes she's hurt i have to go,
just come straight to the hospital
when you get here.

gaten
me finn and caleb are headed to the
airport rn, be there soon.

the doctors wouldn't let me see y/n because she had to go into emergency surgery to remove the bullet from out of her head and out of her ankle.

the doctors said that the surgery would be very risky because if the bullet was any further to the center of her head, she would be dead right now.

i sat in the waiting room for hours until everyone showed up. millie and sadie showed up first, since they are the closest, and finn gaten and caleb all came together a little while after.

after everyone was at the hospital, we all shared a big group hug, and i was a mess. millie pulled me away from the group and just hugged me tightly.

"it's okay noah, she's so strong, she can do it" she whispered to me while i silently cried into her shoulder.

once we all calm down, we sit in the waiting room together for hours waiting for any news about y/n.

•••

after what felt like days, a doctor came into the waiting room wanting to talk to my mom since she was y/n's legal gardien now. i shot up from my seat once my mom returned, and ran up to her so she could tell me what happened. instead of saying anything my mom just wraps her arms around me and hugs me tightly. when that happens normally something bad happened, so i started panicking.

"m-mom, y/n, w-w-what hap-pend?" i stutter.

"she's okay right now, she just in a coma. we don't know when or... if she is going to wake up." my mom said to me with sadness in her eyes.

i guess everyone else heard too, because they pulled me into yet another group hug. i didn't care though. all i could think about was y/n. i mean how could i not? the person i care about the most is in a coma for who knows how long. and knowing she might not wake up made everything even worse.

we all make our way down the hall and into
y/n's hospital room. i see her body just lying still with a giant bandage on her head, and tubes running up her nose and things sticking in her arms. i couldn't look at her like this. i push everyone out of the way and ran out of the room. i could hear them calling my name, but  i just needed some fresh air.

a/n - now did you expect that?

word count : 1030 🥰