•~Better Than You(Prinxiety)~•

Ratings: ☺️/💯
AU: Mindscape
Idea By: Me

I thought this was a really cute idea so here's a one shot.

~Virgil's POV~

"Hey, Emo! Come out here!

I groan, shutting my laptop. What does Roman want?

I exit my room, walking into the kitchen where Roman is. My eyes fall on his apron and the steaming plate of scrambled eggs in his hands.

"..Did you make that?" I question.

"I sure did! Patton's been teaching me some stuff, thought I might try to make something! And you're.." He holds out the plate to me, "..going to be my little test subject."

I raise my eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure this is going to give me salmonella or something."

Roman scoffs at me, grabbing a fork from a drawer next to him. "No it won't! I don't even know if you can get salmonella, we are sides, not humans! Now, eat."

I glare at him. "No."

"Please, Virge? Please, my cute little hamster?" He coos, making me blush at his fake flirting.

"A-Alright, fine. But don't get angry when I spit it out all over your stupid prince outfit."

He smirks at me, handing over the food. I grab the plate and fork, hold my breath, and take a bite.

As soon as it hits my tongue, I fight the urge to gag. This is disgusting.

I keep chewing, trying to hide the look of disgust on my face. I swallow.

Roman looks at me, waiting with excitement. I look him dead in the eye, and say,

"That was absolutely.. disgusting. Horrible. Get me some water, there's a bad taste in my mouth now."

He gasps dramatically, snatching the plate back from me. "Excuse me?! How dare you insult my cooking!"

"Well, how about you try it then?"

"I'm not going to try it. You can't make me."

"Oh, are you scared, princey? You know deep down that you're a horrible cook?"

He puts the plate and fork on the counter next to him. "Oh please, as if you could make something better."

"You're doubting that I could cook better than you? Of course I can cook better than you, in fact, I know I can. Because whenever I cook, I can easily keep down all of my food."

"Oh, please. I bet that was just an act, you disliking my food."

"It was completely real, I swear. I could do better than that. In fact, I bet I could do ANYTHING  better than you can!"

"Oh, really? Like what? Being Emo?"

"I can cook better than you. I can act better than you. I can dance better than you. I can sing, breathe, and eat better than you. I can fight, talk, exist, kiss-"

He cuts me off. "Hold on. Did you just say you can kiss better than I can?"

I smirk at him. "I betcha I can. Just because you're Mr. Romantic Side over here doesn't mean you're the best at romance."

"Oh, really? Well how about we test that, then?"

I raise an eyebrow at him, confused. "How are we supposed to test that?"

"By kissing someone, stupid."

"Okay, well who am I supposed to kiss? Neither of us have a boyfriend. And don't say Patton, just because he's my father figure-"