Chapter 8 - Nightmares

Dipper wasn't able sleep at home for two nights. Between the window indecent and the vision about Blake and Mira's past and the increasing attachment to Will resulted in insomnia. Though Gleeful Manor was large, it felt like a suffocating cage. He could sleep fine in the woods. He would teleport outside at 1 AM and make himself comfortable in the grass(which was actually easier than he thought it would be) and sleep there till 5:50 AM (he had a timer set on his phone), when he would teleport back to his room and have enough time to make himself look like he hadn't spent the night outside. His grunckles didn't pay attention to him and Mabel slept till 6:45, so he didn't have to hurry. On this third night, Mason was about to leave when he heard a gasping noise from his sister's room. 

He entered the room to find Mabel sitting up in her bed, looking terrified. "Mabel, are you okay?" He said, walking up to her bed. "Leave me alone." Mabel said, but her annoyed tone sounded faked. Dipper sat on her bed and said "Mabel, I'm your brother. You can tell me." She stared at the ceiling above them for a moment. "Okay. For the past two weeks, I've been having nightmares! Terrible nightmares! I keep waking up in a cold sweat every night." She said, looking down. Dipper had never heard her voice sound so small in his life. Dipper did something he hadn't done before. He hugged Mabel. With affection. She was shocked for a moment, but then embraced him back. "You know what, fuck it, let's skip sleep and go out on the town. I know a nice all-night diner in Spadetown." Dipper said, pulling away gently. "We can disguise ourselves so no one can recognize us." He said. Dipper wore the disguise he usually did, and Mabel wore a grey hoodie, navy blue pants, and took off her headband so that her bangs slid forward. They ate at the diner and talked more than they had in years. They also bought dream-catchers at Walmart to help with their various sleep problems. Dipper told her about his insomnia and sneaking out, leaving out the parts about Will, as he wasn't quite ready to tell anyone the full truth. He felt closer to her than ever before, and found that he slept normally for the rest of the night when they went home.

The next day, after a show, Mason and Mabel had left out of a back door so Mason wouldn't have to sign anything from middle-aged women who were creepily obsessed with him, even though he was literally underage. They stopped when he heard a noise. It was Sonya. Singing. How did she leave the show so quickly? 

Ursa Major

Apathy's fallen

New Emotion

Empathy has won

Your confused

Ursa Major

Pine nee-dles caught

In your caramel hair

"What the hell is she singing about now?!" Dipper said to Mabel. "I think constellations." Mabel said. Mason kept walking. Mabel stood there for a second, listening, but quickly followed along. "Hey, Mason, have you noticed anything about Will? He seems more...powerful lately." Mabel said. She was right. Mason didn't realize it until now, but she was right. Every trick done at Will's hand was brighter, better. Even Will himself looked that way. "I did not..." Mason said. When they returned home, they realized it was completely empty, expect for Will, sitting in the corner. It made Mason feel like an intruder in his own territory. Mabel shared his feelings. "Will, where are Stan and Ford?" Mabel said, turning to Will. "Stan had a stroke. It's gonna be a while before they come back." Will said, hardly looking up. "Wow. I can't believe it." Mabel said as the twins continued walking. "I can. He's like...eighty I think." Mason said. "Hey, Dipper? Sonya invited me to stay the night at her house, and I don't want to be there alone. Could you come with me?" Mabel said. "Fine. But if she's too weird, I'm leaving!" Mason said. "Let's just get ready." He said, hurrying to his room.