𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐑; TO BE REBORN

𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐘𝐛𝐲 -𝐬𝐞𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧

𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐘
𝐛𝐲 -𝐬𝐞𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧

— — —

"LUCY, this is crazy. I'm not gonna let you do this!" Peter cried, following her around the room. Lucy continued to ignore him, talking to herself in a low voice. In her hands, held a syringe filled with a pale blue serum.

"I know I got everything right, Peter, I do. You have to trust me on this. I've been thinking this up ever since you came back from Germany," She suddenly exclaimed, halting her pacing. Peter nearly bumped into her but shot her a glare.

When she made a move to walk away, he tightly grabbed her free arm. "No!"

"Peter, you're hurting me." She whimpered, trying to wiggle her wrist. A flash of worry passed through his eyes and he slowly let her wrist go. When she was free, Lucy stepped back.

"Please. Just let me do this. Now that our names and faces are plastered on every billboard, newspaper, and news outlet, I deserve a new chance at this; a better chance!" Lucy tried to reason with her boyfriend. When Peter opened his mouth to retaliate, she shot up a finger.

"You remember what happened in Europe, right? Which was basically one month ago. I was barely walking on one leg by the end of the trip! So, now that I've figured out how your DNA changed from that spider bite, I can truly become Spidergirl and stop worrying if I won't be able to save someone!"

Peter's shoulders sank with her words. He rubbed his tired eyes. The two had either been hiding out in Peter or Lucy's apartment for nearly a month. It was a nightmare for them, travelling from each building since the media's prying eyes were always watching.

But, both Allison and May agreed it was better for the teens to be together during this time; since the news got out of their true identities.

"Lucy, I get what you're trying to say. But, it's okay to not have powers. It's okay to be normal—"

"I get that too Peter, I do! I really, really do." There was desperation in her voice as Lucy held out a hand to keep her distance. The other still held the syringe.

"But, I'm tired of being normal. I always feel left out, in a way. Think of it this way; Tony was normal, yet he had a suit of armour. Natasha was normal, but she had martial arts under her belt. Sam is normal and he was a suit with wings. Hell, even Steve was normal until he had the serum injected into him. I'm just being like Steve!"

"But, you're not Steve!" he snapped again, making her flinch back. "You're not Tony, not Natasha, not Sam...you're not any other superhero that's normal. You're Lucy, and I love you for you. You're gonna get yourself killed if you inject that shit into yourself. W-Where did you get that stuff anyway?"

Peter sighed again with worry, rubbing his forehead.

"I've been sneaking some stuff from chem every so often, and plus my mom used to volunteer at the science exhibit," Lucy swallowed when her throat suddenly went dry and closed up. "W-Where you...where you—"

Peter could see the struggle in her words, not being able to finish the sentence herself. So, he did for her;

"...Where I got bit."

She could only nod timidly. "I asked my mom to snag some stuff. It was risky, but I told her it would help with the web fluid...I'm not proud of lying to her."

"I'm still not gonna let you do this to yourself—" Peter sighed to himself, outstretching his wrist. Lucy's eyes snapped down, catching his web-shooters. Sucking in a breath, she flung her torso to the side to avoid it.

The couple froze in unison, shocked at one another. Peter went to shoot a web for the syringe once more, only to miss again. "Lucy," he huffed in annoyance, making a move for her.

Lucy gasped audibly before ducking under Peter's arm. She turned on her heel, sharply shoving him further into her own room before shutting the door behind her. With only a few seconds to spare, she dove into the bathroom that was a few steps down the hall.

Just as Lucy slammed the door shut and locked it, she heard Peter open her bedroom door. "Lucy! Get out of there now!"

Ignoring his demands, Lucy slowly slid down the wooden door. Tears had slipped down her cheeks, but she didn't notice. Peter's fist hit the door with a forceful knock, and she flinched away from it, crawling away to lean on the narrow tub.

"Luce, please." Peter's voice suddenly broke. "I can't lose you."

"You won't, Peter." Lucy replied with the most even tone she could muster. Shoving up one sleeve to her sweater, her other hand hovered the syringe's tip over a prominent vein in the crook of her elbow. "But if we're gonna continue doing this, it has to be...right."

"LUCYNO." Peter suddenly cried behind the locked door. His body slammed against the wood, making it rattle loudly.

Lucy winced as the needle broke her skin, and she watched the serum flow down into her veins.

PETER  AND  LUCY  WILL
RETURN  IN  2021