Chapter 11: The announcement and first match

The next day when I woke up I got dressed in a white t-shirt and a pair of denim shorts, while the weather was getting cold at night it was still quite warm during the day. Grabbing Laxus's jacket I headed to the guild seeing it was ten already once I had my breakfast.
"Here Laxus, your jacket back" I smiled at him.
"Thanks, you're looking chirpy," Laxus said and I shrugged.
"Yeah I guess I am, I just really enjoyed yesterday" I told him.
"Yesterday huh? Did I miss something important?" Lisanna asked and I smiled and threw myself at her.
"Lis-chan I've missed you" I beamed at her.
"I missed you as well Lulu, now what is this about yesterday?" Lisanna giggled.
"Wait it is totally not like that" I spluttered but she just smirked and pulled me away.
"So tell me what it is?" Lisanna demanded.
"Well I went on a mission with Laxus and the thunder legion, it ended up being harder than we thought so when we finished we were all going to go out to celebrate. The others bailed on us so me and Laxus went out to lunch and afterward we ended up salsa dancing" I told her and she smirked at me.
"So are you going to tell him that you love him yet?" Lisanna teased.
"W-w-what are you talking about?! There is no way I could ever do that, he could do a lot better than me after all" I sighed.
"What are you talking about? There is totally no one better" Lisanna said with a smile.
"I don't think so, I mean most of the people in the guild still hate me for some reason" I explained to her looking down.
"That's because they are stupid idiots that should be beaten within an inch of there lives" Lisanna glared with a deadly smirk making me shiver.
"Maybe you should calm down a little Lis-chan" I tried.
"Calm down, I can't calm down, where the hell is that fire breathing flame brain!" Lisanna growled.
"But wait, aren't you dating Natsu?" I questioned, confused.
"Of course, that just gives me even more of a reason to teach him a lesson" Lisanna confirmed as she got up and headed towards Natsu and I was game to stop her from the look on her face she was ready to kill someone. 

"Oh my it seems like Lisanna is about to fight Natsu again" Mira said with a smile.
"Yeah I told her to leave it but apparently her dating him means that she has even more of a reason to teach him a lesson" I said as I smiled at her.
"You know Lucy, a little birdie told me about your little date yesterday, so do you care to share some details?" Mira said with a deadly smile that made me gulp.
"Okay fine" I sighed, giving up and she sat in front of her and I told her everything that happened for the mission going wrong to meeting Phian which reminded me that I had to go over the contract with him. Then about the date with Laxus which I still insisted on it being just lunch. 

"Okay my children listen up" Master Makarov's booming voice made us all go silent as we looked to the railing he was standing on.
"As you know soon the S class trial will begin but unlike in the previous years, this trial will be a little different" Makarov started.
"There will be five contestants chosen this year and they will enter a.......Battle royal of sorts" Makarov announced.
"A battle royal?" Everyone mumbled thinking on how that would work with five people. Would it be everyone fighting everyone? Or perhaps matched fights, one against one?
"Okay, okay quiet down as I was saying, a battle royal with one Vs one battles on a tier challenge, if you win your battle you continue on to the next match and so on until there are only two people left who then have a final battle" Makarov explained.
"But winning is not the only way to be promoted to S rank, if you show your skills, strategy and cunningness you may also be promoted" Makarov smiled and everyone started to talk excitedly to each other.
"Now I am sure you are wondering how we could have a big battle with just five members? Well I have decided, and they accepted, so Sabertooth, mermaid heel and Lamia scale have all agreed to do their S ranked trial together so each guild will send five members to participate. Along with them Blue Pegasus and Quatro Cerberus will be watching along with Magnolia seeing as this trial is based on the grand magical games. After each match the person will have to complete a challenge. For now though I shall announce the people nominated to enter" Makarov said and everyone went silent, the ones that weren't S rank hoping to hear their names.