Chapter 12: challenge 1, battle 2

Seeing Gildarts again was great even if it did lead us to going to a bar to drink and Cana getting embarrassed by her Father.
"Now listen here Bixlow, you aren't allowed to break my sweet little girl's heart" Gildarts warned holding onto Cana, who was desperately trying to push her father away as she blushed. Gildarts had just found out that Cana and Bixlow had slept together and had actually decided to go on a date tomorrow after the fights.
"So who is everyone versus who tomorrow anyway?" Mira asked thoughtfully from where she was sitting in Freed's lap, who looked like he was going to pass out from how red he had gotten.
"I get to have a go at that stripper and I am going to make him regret ever treating you badly Lucy" Gajeel boasted with a grin.
"Just make sure he is still breathing, if not he won't be able to grovel on his knees" Bixlow said, sticking his tongue out with a smirk.
"Geez you guys are too much sometimes, I have already told you that it is perfectly fine after all everyone is allowed to have their own opinions," I scowled at them.
"Exactly so if we want to hate them then that's our opinion that you won't change" Evergreen smirked.
"You're better off just giving in, Lulu since they aren't going to stop" Laxus chuckled and I nodded with a sigh.
"Anyway I have a tough match tomorrow because I am going to be going against both Sting and Rouge in a three way battle. They will probably tag team against me and then want to fight it out but I am sure that I can handle it" I told them.
"Of course you can after all you're stronger than both of them but you have to be careful if they decide to do a unison raid" Lisanna warned.
"The other matches are Yuka Vs Olga and then Natsu against Lesley against Rufus which will be interesting. I know I will have to be careful with the twin dragon slayers but I have my spirits so there is no one that could beat us without a fight first" I smiled and they nodded. 

When we finally finished at the bar Laxus once again decided to walk me home before heading back to his house. Laying in bed I looked out the window at the stars wondering if I could truly win tomorrow after all they had been together for a long time. Then again they might not even work together against me. Plus before any of that I first had to do this challenge that was set for me since everyone's challenge was different. 

Getting up the next morning I was tired but not too much since I had tossed and turned a bit before managing to go to sleep.
"Hey Lucy looking a little weak there" Natsu snickered.
"Yeah I had a pretty rough night's sleep worrying about the challenge we have to do" I smiled as I walked to the bar to get a strawberry milkshake and some breakfast before the challenge started.
"What was that about?" Sting asked as he sat next to me.
"Nothing much it was just Natsu joking around" I lied after all, he admired Natsu and I couldn't take that away from him.
"Okay everyone it is time to begin the challenges for the day" Makarov announced as I walked to the front of the stage with the other competitors.
"Everyone will pick a piece of paper and with it your task, you will have an hour before you must complete your tasks," Makarov explained and we lined up with me last as everyone got their slips. Gray had to make a sculpture that was identical to the picture he got. Gajeel had to compete in a singing competition. Rouge had to babysit for an hour and have the kid content if not points would be taken he started at 100 if he got to 0 he got disqualified. Sting had to go through a haunted cave. Natsu had to come first in an eating contest. Lesley had to be a swimsuit model, Rufus had to memorise a book and then read it back with only three chances to look at the book again but then with his memory that was easy. Olga had to be in a drinking contest. Luka had to rebuild a model car with no instructions, only a finished model to use and finally I had to do a fast paced play. 

To start off with I wasn't sure exactly which type of play I wanted to do but then inspiration hit me and I asked my friends to help me out as I got to planning assigning roles and giving out lines to be memorised.
"So what is this play about anyway?" Laxus asked.
"It's a twist on the old Snow White story since I modified it to be more modern" I explained and they nodded.
"Are you ready Lucy dear?" Makarov asked, looking at me and I nodded. I was going to be Snow White, Mirajane was the evil stepmother, Bixlow had volunteered to be the huntsmen, Happy, Charla and Lily were going to be the singing birds, Freed, Cana, Lisanna, Wendy, Evergreen, Gildarts and Gajeel were the dwarves the adults on there knees and finally Laxus was Prince Charming.
"Okay we are ready?" I questioned as I got the props finished and used a colour changer to change my hair to black and plaited it.