Hostile Love

He can not be dead...

That was the only thing Ralph kept telling himself as he searched through the rubble, he felt like his lungs were on fire from the smoke but he continued to look for his older brother.

"Leonardo?!" Ralph yelled as he kept looking, in hopes that his brother would respond but the only response he got was silence.

"Come on Leo... you can not do this to me man... I know I was horrible to you growing up... but I was just jealous! I know I am a hot head and have anger issues but you are my brother... I can not live without you!" Ralph yelled as he continued to search for Leonardo.

Leo slowly began to wake up to all of Ralph's yelling... he felt pain surging through his body as he tried to push the part of wall crushing him but failed miserably. Leo tried to yell but it was just in vain but then Leo heard everything Ralph said. Leo began to feel bad.

Jealous? Was he really jealous of me? Why would be?

Were the thoughts that ran through Leo's mind.

Ralph kept searching, tears welled up in his eyes, "Leo if you can hear me... say something or do something so I know you are here!"

Leo weakly grabbed a broken pipe next to him and weakly hit it against some rocks, making a loud noise.

Ralph turned around when he heard the pipe hit the rock, "Leo?!" Ralph yelled as he ran to where he heard the noise.

Ralph saw the piece of the wall crushing Leo, "hang on I am coming!" Ralph said as he walked over and put his hands up under the piece of the wall, Ralph pushed the piece off of Leo and breathed heavily.

Leo looked at his brother, were those tears in his eyes? Then that is when he felt the pain of the wall being taken off me surged through his body as he screamed in pain.

Ralph looked at Leo, terrified he did something wrong then he grabbed his brothers arm gently.

"I will get you home bro," Ralph said as he threw Leo over his shoulder.

Leo felt the pain again but then felt relief to finally be headed back home, to their real home. Ralph put Leo on the back of the motorcycle then got on the front, Leo did his best to hold on but he felt Ralph wrap a chain covered in a blanket around the two of them to make sure Leo did not fall off.

I have not seen Ralph this caring since we were kids.

Leo thought to himself as he fought the sleepiness he was feeling but he lost the battle and fell asleep.

Ralph was busy driving but he notice Leo fell asleep as he smirked, "figured you were tired," Ralph said as he stayed focused on the road and he rode mostly abandoned roads to stay out of sight.

In Leonardo's dreams he stood in a room... an empty room that had low lighting. Leo felt like this room looked familiar as he looked out a hole in the wall, they were high above a building, in a water tower. Leo looked around and saw a box, he saw the box move and Leo jumped back. Then Leo watched the box fall over and he saw four little baby turtles.

"Woah," Leo said as he tried to pick the baby turtles up but his hands went right through them

"Huh? Is this a memory or something?" Leo questioned as he watched the baby turtles.

Then Master Splinter entered the water tower and the four baby turtles crawled to him smiling.

"Master Splinter..." Leo whispered.

"Hello my baby turtles," Master Splinter said as he put the turtles back into the box.

Splinter grabbed a bowl of noodles and chop sticks then held a noodle over the box and one by one the baby turtles jumped up and took the noodle as Splinter smiled.

Leo looked at each turtle and could tell right away which one was which, he noticed baby Ralph did not have the crack on his shell yet.

"Woah I do not remember this at all," Leo said as he watched in awe.

"You do not but I do," someone said behind Leo.

Leo spun around and saw Splinter as a spirit and said, "Master Splinter!"

"Hello my son," Splinter smiled.

Leo watched as the scene changed to the dojo and about 6 year old turtles were training without weapons.

Splinter walked over to his son and put his hand on his shoulder before saying, "you and Ralph were always so competitive when you were young and if you or your brothers accidently got hurt," Splinter said as he motioned to the four turtles.

Mikey slipped and fell, cutting his arm on something sharp that was laying on the ground.

"Mikey!" little Ralph and Leo yelled as they both ran to Mikey.

"You and Ralph both cared about your brothers and in doing so made you care about each other," Splinter said as he looked at his son.

"Then why does Ralph always seem so angry and hateful?" Leo asked.

"You see it was not until you all got older that the hatred began to build..." Splinter said as he closed his eyes and sighed.

The scene changed again to the dojo again but the turtles were about twelve maybe thirteen...

"I am going to show sensei I can be a good leader..." young Ralph said to himself aloud.

"More like a hothead who can not control his temper," young Leo said as he spun his katana.

"Woah I was an instigator..." Leo said as his face went pale.

"Oh so was Ralphael but this day was the worst..." Splinter said as he motioned to the young ones.

Little Leo and Ralph were about to face off, Ralph took a stance and so did Leo. Mikey was playing with a little marble and accidentally dropped it. Ralph stepped on the marble and lost his balance.

"Ralph!" young Leo said as he ran to catch his brother but forgot he was holding his swords and caused a deep gash on Ralph's arm.

"Gah!" young Ralph yelled as he shoved Leo to the ground... "you... you did this on purpose! I hate you!" he yelled before running off.

Young Splinter yelled, "Ralphael wait!" he looked at Leo and sighed, "Leonardo..."

"I did not mean to sensei I swear! I forgot I was instance and had my katanas ready..." young Leo said as tears formed in his eyes.

"I know son but next time do be careful..." young Splinter said.

"But it was an accident...." Leo said.

"To you and us, yes but to Raphael your two rivalries and jealousy made him think you meant to do that... and thus causing him to be hostile so he looks like the bigger tougher man but once upon a he was a kind caring brother and still is but deep under that hostility..." Splinter said before continuing, "speaking of Ralphael just got you into your bed best you be getting back."

"Thank you sensei...." Leo said before everything faded away.