Trick or Whoa!

Trick or- whoa."

Annabeth tucked a curl behind her ear. "I'm pretty sure that's not how it's meant to go."

Her black-haired neighbour gulped, scratching the back of his neck nervously. The movement caused the spandex suit he was wearing to stretch, the material hugging his muscles gloriously. Annabeth tried not to stare.

"I'm pretty sure you're not meant to wear a ball gown on Halloween."

"It's not a ball gown." Annabeth rolled her eyes, "It's just a dress. I'm wearing it to dinner."

Percy almost looked disappointed. "You're going out to dinner."

Annabeth nodded. "Yes... that is literally what I just said."

"Lucky guy." He commented.

"Yeah," Annabeth said, "my dad is."

He immediately perked up. "Your dad?"

"It's his birthday."

"Damn." Percy said, leaning against the doorframe, causing the spandex suit to stretch again. "That's a bit of a downer."

Annabeth indulged herself in watching him before saying, "So, is there a reason you're here?"

"It's Halloween." He shrugged.

She raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you a little old for trick or treating?"

Blushing, he said, "I'm not trick or treating. I'm supervising my brother."

She nodded. "Of course. And that's why you're all dressed up too."

"Just getting into the mood."

"As Aquaman."

"Exactly." He nodded.

"And where exactly is your brother?" Annabeth asked innocently.

Percy's eyes widened. "He's uh, you know, somewhere around."

"Great supervision."

He gave her an awkward smile. "He probably got held up at Ella's house."

"The little red-haired girl?"

"Yeah." He nodded, "He kinda has a crush on her. He's probably still at her door trying to flirt or something."

"Must run in the family," Annabeth said, smirking.

Percy blushed and decided not to comment. "So what do you think of my costume?" He asked her, hastily changing the topic and turning around for her to see the back.

She blinked. Holy shit.

"Annabeth?"

"Huh?" She said, still staring at his butt. That butt.

Percy turned back around, and she got herself out of her stupor.

"What do you think?" He repeated.

Annabeth opened her mouth then closed it again.

Percy seemed to take her silence as negative. "Do you not like it?"

"I like the," she gulped, "material."

"Yeah?" Percy examined the material as if he hadn't really noticed it.

Oblivious little shit, she thought.

"W-where did you buy it from?" And can I buy you another one for Christmas?

He shrugged. "Jason bought it, along with his superman costume."