chapter 9 > e(x)

cross-read & checked 3 May 2020

"Alright, is everyone here?"

Hoseok asked aloud. He, Momo, Mina, Jihyo, Jimin and Jin gathered in the recording room at the back of the auditorium to record their mashup song for the project they were assigned to do so.

After choosing some songs to mix and finding the right remix and tune, Hoseok and Momo finally finished and asked the rest of the members for their agreement. A few days later of changing the song and fixed it, as well as adding little details, they all finally felt satisfied with the result.

"Looks like we're all here already, Hoseok." Jin said to the younger. But then Jihyo spoke up.

"Wait, where is Rose?" She asked and they all looked around.

"I think she's a bit late." Mina said.

Then, the door of the recording room opened, showing Rose that was panting a little.

"Oh, Rose. There you are." Jimin said and waved at her to come. Rose bowed at them with a cheeky smile.

"I'm sorry for coming late. I was carried out while hanging out with my friends." She explained shyly as she walked towards them.

"It's alright, Rose. We were just about to start recording the song." Momo said back with a smile. Rose nodded at her. "Okay. So, who's going first?"

After a few hours of recording the song several times and editing the song, they finally completed their project. Momo sighed heavily in relief. "Finally it's done!"

Hoseok chuckled at her, as well as the others who smiled. Mina then said, "It was very tiring, I'd say but fun at the same time. I miss singing in the recording room back then."

"Yeah, me too." Rose said as well. "I love the feeling of being free with our voices and sing with all of our heart." She continued and sighed heavily. "I agree." Jihyo said this time. "It's the best feeling ever, besides cappuccino frappe."

"Speaking of cappuccino, who wants to some coffee? My treat." Hoseok asked and everybody cheered happily. "I'm in!" Momo raised her hand, followed by Jihyo, Mina, Jin and then Jimin.

"Nothing's better than free drinks!" Jin cheered. Rose giggled and shook her head no at Hoseok's offer.

"That's okay. I already had mine before coming here." She gave an excuse, which Mina pouted sadly. "You can always have another cup of coffee." She said but Rose still shook her head. "My stomach would feel weird afterwards. Sorry. But thank you for offering, Hoseok."

Hoseok nodded at Rose. "It's alright. But there's no next time." Rose chuckled. "I'm fine with that."

They all exited the room and the auditorium and parted ways, them waving at Rose who went back to her dorm. Momo spoke, "Can I get more than coffee?" She asked and Hoseok shook his head. "Only coffee, Momo."

"B-But–"

"Coffee, Momo. Just coffee." Momo pouted in return and caused the rest of them to laugh in amusement.

———

Taehyung was standing while panting. His body was drenched with his sweat. His football training had just finished that evening. The sun was still shining brightly, making his skin shine as well.

It wasn't his decision to join the football team. It was Jungkook's idea. He was the one who insisted Taehyung in joining the team with him, so he complied. Anyway, it's been a long time since he played football, since his highchool years.

Taehyung's eyes traveled around the field then caught a sight of someone in the cheerleader team who was also practising alongside with the football team.

His eyes met with Jennie, who was looking at him at the first place. Taehyung frowned and looked away from her as he saw Jungkook going his way. "Hey, bro. What's wrong?" The maknae asked and followed the direction Taehyung was looking and found who was there. He looked back at his hyung, confused.

"Why is she looking at you?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung shook his head shortly and replied, "No idea. And I don't care." He said.

Jungkook raised his eyebrow at him. "You sure? Cuz' the way you were looking at her tells otherwise." He said and Taehyung glanced back at Jennie, who did a flip while jumping in the middle of their choreography.

"I'm 100% sure, Jungkook."

———

Taehyung waited for Sana the next day after class to go to recess with her as they agreed a few days back. His class finished earlier than usual and so he stood for minutes infront of Sana's class for her's to finish.

Then, from the corner of his eyes he saw a figure coming his way and stopped next to him. "What do you want?" Taehyung asked straight to the point and removed his eyes from his Gucci flippers to look at Jennie.

"Hi, Tae. How have you been?" Jennie started by greeting him.

"Don't you 'Tae' me."

Jennie pursed her lips. "Well, I'm fine, thank you for asking."

Taehyung glared at her. "Come on, Jennie. Just spit it out." He said and Jennie finally nodded. "Not gonna lie, but I kinda miss you."

"Bullshit."

"I do, Taehyung! I really do. Please, can we start over?" Jennie pleaded but Taehyung shook his head at her, which broke her heart a little.

"I'm done playing your games, Jennie. I'm not gonna fall for it again like last time."

"I know I made a huge mistake back then, but please give me another chance." Jennie said again. Taehyung stared at the floor as he said, "I was so hurt last time just because of you. I'm not letting you break my heart again like it was a toy and that's final."

He finished and went to Sana who appeared out of the class. Jennie stared at him and then at Sana angrily.

"Oh. Hey, Taehyung. You're here early."

Sana waved at Taehyung who waved back at her. "My class finished early." Taehyung replied. Sana then saw Jennie not far from them and went to look at Taehyung.

"Why is Jennie staring at us?" Sana asked. Taehyung shook his head and shrugged.

"I don't know. But don't mind her, Sana. Let's go grab our lunch." He showed her his boxy grin.

1024 words

Hi guys! Stay safe and stay home okay? Avoid going outside because there's a dangerous virus going on called corona virus.
I wish you all for safety 🙆 stay at home and do things you never knew you could do 😔✋🏾
Byee 💕💕