chapter 21 > will you really be okay?

It's the beginning of March. That means a month filled with sports training for the upcoming tournament in June and most importantly, the monthly test which will take place in mid-March.

Taehyung sighed as he shielded his eyes with his hand from the sunlight. "Aigoo, I hope the training will finish soon." He muttered to himself. He stood in the middle of the football field with his other teammates, all of them were huffing and wiping their sweats with their shirt.

Priiittt!!!!

"That's all for today! Gather up here and do the cooldown together!" The coach shouted to the players.

Taehyung made a circle with his fellow teammates and did the cooldown together. For the first time, he was alone and not with either Jungkook or Jimin. His eyes wandered around him while he was cooling down. Then, his gaze met Jennie's at the bench near the cheerleading training spot. As quick as lightning, Jennie tore her gaze with Taehyung and continued chatting with Lisa.

"Tch." Taehyung huffed. After they had finished, Taehyung joined the others to change his shirt in the locker room and then left.

On his way to his dorm, Taehyung bumped into Yoongi. "Oh, hyung!" The rapper looked up from the floor to see Taehyung jogging towards him. "Did you just finished your basketball training?"

Yoongi nodded. "Yeah, how about you?"

"Me too," Taehyung said cheekily. "Say, let's grab some drinks at the cafe together before returning to our dorm, hyung."

Both of them sipped their drinks in the cafe quietly until Taehyung spoke, "So, when does your game start, hyung?"

"Earlier than yours. About late March or so. Right after our mid-term." Yoongi answered.

"Really? You guys must've started training hard then." Taehyung said and the older nodded. "Yes, and so does your teams. But, why didn't Jungkook join the team? What club did he end up getting in, actually?"

Taehyung sighed at the question. "He joined the Art Club."

"Mwo?"

"I know right? I didn't think he would really go into the arts and crafts sort of thing." Taehyung explained and then continued, "Right, our mid-term exam is around the corner."

Playing with his straw while his eyes wander into his drink, Yoongi nodded and said, "What a burden. There's no need for that kind of stuff. What for? Actually, what's the importance of all this? Why are we here instead of going on our tour to meet our dear army?" Taehyung went forward to the table with wide eyes. "I know! It's been two months and I still couldn't believe that we are here. Maybe people wanted us to have a normal life for a while."

"Normal life my ass. Being an idol is my normal life."

"Anni," Taehyung shook his head. "What I mean is for us to live like a real normal person. Didn't you remember that lady said to consider going here to rest our minds from our busy life as an idol?"

Yoongi looked at Taehyung and hummed while thinking about what he said. Then, he nodded slowly in agreement. "Sure... Whatever. I'm leaving now." He stood and began to leave the cafe. Taehyung stared at his hyung in surprise and stood up as well. "Hey– wait for me, hyung! Hyung!"

---

Jeongyeon breathed slowly after she stopped in front of her door to her dorm room. She felt frustrated since her training that noon because she didn't perform very well as she thought she would. Of course, it was because of her illness. "I need to do something about it. I can't keep on playing and get tired easily. But how?" Jeongyeon sighed and lifted her hand to open the door while it was already opened from inside.