chapter 18 > to be with her

Jungkook waited Lisa to finish putting up the posters at the school notice board so he can go. But as she was done, she said, "There. Say, Jungkook-ah. Do you want to grab some coffee with me?" Lisa asked. " Uh-uhm.. I'm sorry, Lisa, but I have so many homework to do today.. so–"

Lisa didn't give up and went on, "Then what if I help you finish them? Let's go to the library!" Jungkook sighed tiredly but managed a smile at the girl. "Lisa, I–"

"JEON JUNGKOOK!" 

"Erk—?" The two turned to see Taehyung running towards them and breathing heavily. "Yo, man– That's so tiring! Let me catch a breath." Jungkook and Lisa watched him weirdly. Lisa cursed under her breath at the bad timing.

Why are you here? I was having a good time. Lisa scowled visibly at Taehyung, who paid no attention to her at all.

Jungkook take this as his cue to excuse himself. He glanced at Lisa and said, "Excuse me, Lisa. I'll see you later." He grabbed Taehyung's arm and walked away hurriedly towards the dormitories building. As Jungkook felt like they're far enough from Lisa, he stopped to look at Taehyung. "Did I come on time?" Taehyung asked with a grin. Jungkook smiled at him and nodded. "Thank you, bro."

"Anything for you, bro." Taehyung answered. Jungkook stared at him, touched. He almost shed a single tear at it.

"Bro.."

"HAHAHHAHAHHA!!!" The two broke into an amused and loud laugh. After a few seconds, their laughters died down eventually. "Anyway, have you heard about the news about the school club?" Taehyung asked him. Jungkook nodded as the two continued to walk their way to their dorms.

"Heck yeah. I feel so excited." He replied. "Which club are you signing up to?" Jungkook then answered without hesitating. "The Art Club, of course." When he saw Taehyung's disappointed look, he smiled guiltily at him. "Sorry, Tae. But I love art more than football."

Taehyung nodded but smiled back. "It's alright, Kook. So.. you're leaving the football team, then?" He asked. Jungkook nodded slowly. "I'm afraid so, yeah. But we can still play together!" Jungkook tried comforting his hyung. Taehyung grinned in response and then chuckled. "Sure! Like old times."

---

Chaeyoung dragged Dahyun all the way to the school's notice board.

"Look, Dahyun! It's here already!" Chaeyoung said enthusiastically while pointing at the Music Club poster. Dahyun rubbed her arm that Chaeyoung gripped before out of pain. "Yeah, Chae. So you're signing up for the club?" She asked. Chaeyoung looked at Dahyun with wide eyes. "The Music Club? HECK YEAH!"

Dahyun held her ears because of the maknae's loud yell. "Y-Yeah. Of course you would." She then scanned the club posters on the board. " Wah, there are so many.."

1. Social club 2. Maths and Science club 3. Art club 4. Chess club 5. Volleyball sport club 6. Football sport club 7. Basketball sport club 8. Tennis/Squash club 9. Music club 10. Cooking club 11. Drama club 12. Fashion club

Dahyun read the club lists and felt dizzy of the choices she had to make. "Geez, this is too much! How could I choose??" Chaeyoung giggled at her and asked, "Well, what do you like most?" The dubu girl thought for a moment. "Actually, I can do most of these things. Except for the sports club. Fashion club too." She said.

"Well, how about we head back and ask Momo unnie for help, aye?" Chaeyoung suggested. Dahyun smiled and nodded. "Perhaps that's a good idea, Chae."

"See? I'm good at this stuff!"

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever– HEY! WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY FROM ME??"

"You're such a slow poke, Dahyun-ah! Is your ass is too heavy for you to run?? Or is it your fat tummy??"

"I AM NOT!!! SHUT UP! HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY BEAUTIFUL BODY!"

" HA HA HA HAAHHAHA AHA!"

---

Jihyo laughed quietly when she saw her maknaes running around outside. She's in the library with Kim Seokjin, sitting near the window with the whole academy view. Her laugh caught Jin's attention from doing his work.

The worldwide handsome man smiled looking at Jihyo in front of him. How did they get here, in the library, to do homework together? Well, Jihyo said she's having trouble not understanding a topic in Science and Technology subject. And Jin gladly offered himself to teach her. He smirked proudly at himself.

I'm so clever! Good job, dear handsome me. Hehehehh~

He sighed and watch Jihyo get back to work. How he wished to spend time with her like this everyday. Just the two of them in the quiet library.

Wait, that's a great idea!

Jin smirked again and patted himself. Suddenly, the girl in front of him spoke. "Jin, thank you for willing to spend your time teaching me. Without you, I would have stayed dumb for the rest of my life. I wish you could help me more with other subjects..." She said in a sad tone.

"Sure!" Jin replied too quickly which made Jihyo stare at him, confused. "Huh?" Jin avoided her eyes and glanced around him in embarrassment while scratching his head. "Uh- I mean, I can help you, with other subjects that you need help with."

"Really? Are you serious?" Jihyo stared at Jin with eyes full of hope and happiness. When Jin nodded, Jihyo jumped from her seat with joy. "Thanks a lot, Jin! You're my hero." Jin chuckled while covering his mouth shyly. "Eh, its nothing big."

"So when can we start?" Jihyo finally sat herself down and asked. Jin thought for a bit and answered, "Well, how about we meet everyday and discuss about the topic you studied each day. We can also finish our homework together. What do you think?" He suggested, hopefully Jihyo would agree. "That's a brilliant idea. But.. am I not being a burden to you?" Jihyo asked.

"You, a burden? No, never! I'm doing this to help you. Then maybe you can help me in return someday.." Jin said with new ideas floating on his head. He mentally smirked slyly at himself. Jihyo smiled gratefully at him and nodded. "Then I will accept your offer, Kim Seokjin." She handed out her hand for a shake. Jin smiled in return and shook her hand with his. "Good. We'll do it everyday starting tomorrow."

"WHAT! EVERYDAY?! AAWWWW!" Jin laughed at Jihyo's whining. The two then continued to finish their work until before dark to return back to their own dorm. Jin sighed happily. 

I'm glad. After all, I'm doing this to be with you, Jihyo. i don't care if my time is wasted. Let it be with you I'm wasting it.

Because to be with you everyday is what makes my heart beat strongly.

" time ; it's not a waste to spend it with the one you truly love "