chapter 23 > love, anonymous

a/n: suddenly my motivation decided to drop by 😀

---

"What is it?"

Taehyung asked, looking at Jennie and waiting for her response. Wanting to hear what she had to say so desperately that he had to face her rather than resting in his room. "Let's order some drinks first-"

"Just say it, Jennie." Taehyung cut her off.

Jennie sighed but felt better when he called her name. "Haven't heard you call me by my name for so long." She said with a small smile while Taehyung stared at her in disbelief.

"Then what should I call you then?" He murmured lowly in annoyance and added, "I don't have all day."

Jennie nodded and inhaled. She then finally began, "Do you remember how our first date went? We were at the mall and you were so nervous as heck at that time. And when you were feeling brave and held my hands gently while walking together. Thinking back, it's really sweet of you..." She explained.

"So?" Taehyung asked. "What if I held your hands then? You didn't care about shit what I did for you when we were together and now you're saying this? You're so shameless." He groaned in frustration and Jennie's next words shocked him more.

"Let's get back together," Jennie said.

Taehyung stared wide eyes at her for a good minute then said, "Mwo? What did you say?"

"Let's get back together, Taehyung," Jennie repeated. "I know I've been treating you badly and all but we can start over. I promise to be good for you. Please, Taehyung?" She pleaded, putting her hands together. However, Taehyung just stared at her in disbelief. He didn't need to think twice before answering, "No."

Jennie blinked at him. "No? But– Why?"

Taehyung shook his head at her. "Just no. I'm tired of all your games already, Jennie." He stood up to leave. "Don't ever meet me again. And don't call me. I won't answer. Goodbye, Jennie." With that, he left Jennie in the cafe all alone. He was on his way back o his dorm when his phone dinged. He just received a text message from Instagram. Opening his phone, he sighed heavily. Or course it had to be from his ex.

@ jennierubyjane

I will never give up, Taehyung.

And please unblock me.

———

"Aish... This girl!"

Taehyung didn't reply and left her on seen. He started to walk back towards his dorm, deep in thought. "I should do something or else she will not leave me alone." He figured though he had no idea what.

Jimin was walking alone with his books. He was currently on his way to the school cafe where he would be studying at. On his way there, he saw Mina from afar who was walking in the opposite direction of him. Jimin's face lit up at the sight of her. So, he went to stop her. "Hey, Mina." He greeted.

The said Japanese girl stopped in her track and looked up with a smile. "Hello, Jimin."

Jimin swore he nearly melt at her smile and her angelic voice. He noticed she was holding books in her arms, so he asked, "Are you planning on studying? Where are you going?"

"Oh, yes. I was on my way to the school cafe." Mina answered and saw Jimin's eyes lit up. "Really? I was going there too. Wanna study together with me?" He asked. Mina looked at him in surprise then and blinked twice. She knew she shouldn't accept his offer but she couldn't hold herself from nodding.