chapter 13 > sports day

[EDITED]

It was finally sports day! Every students were gathering at the football field, where a big temporary stage was built there for the opening ceremony that morning and the closing ceremony that night.

The students' spirits peaked to the sky that day, because it was the most exciting day other than prom night or homecoming. Especially for the ones who play for teams against other teams that they chose and picked by themselves. After weeks of practicing and training, they were confident enough to perform greatly and win for the team.

There were four teams, Red Dragon (red team), Queen Bee (yellow team), Ocean Blue (blue team) and lastly, Lime Sprite (green team). All of these names were picked by the leader of each team and agreed by the members.

The games that will be held that day was football for boys and volleyball for girls, each team will compete against each other.

"Jeongyeon, hurry up!" A yell was heard coming from the small living room. "In a minute!!!" Nayeon and Mina heard the girl from her room yelled.

"Come on or we'll be late for our performance!" Mina said this time. "COMING!!" Jeongyeon rushed over to them while panting hard. "Let's- go--" Nayeon and Mina chuckled at Jeongyeon as the three rushed towards the field.

"Wah~ the field looks so colorful today!" Jeongyeon said when they arrived at the field. The three continued their way to the backstage to change into their performance uniform. "There you are!" Jihyo appeared out of nowhere. "Take these uniform and go change! Hurry!" Jihyo watched them as they hurriedly do as she told them.

Jihyo then heard a snicker behind her. She turned around to take a look. "Look at them. Pathetic." It was Jennie and Lisa smirking at her. Jihyo glared and looked away. They were just a waste of her time. Literally. She went to check on her other members while they are still preparing.

"Are you all alright?" She asked and then Jeongyeon, Mina and Nayeon appeared. "We're ready, Jihyo!" The others nodded as well. The Red Velvet girls were also waiting patiently while checking their make up and memorizing the dance moves. Suddenly, one of the stage worker came up at them. "You all can go on stage now!" He shouted and left.

"Girls, let's rock this!"

They went in position on stage and ready to perform with all they had. After a week of practicing hard and struggling to do the moves right, they finally ready to perform. Throughout they practices, TWICE and Red Velvet had become closer. Meanwhile, Blackpink had become more rude and threw insults even more at TWICE. If it weren't for the four girls, they all had perfected the rehearsal earlier. 

But of course, none of them cared about it. They just blame TWICE and Red Velvet for messing up while it was clearly their fault at first.

( I'll let your mind do the magic :> )

They performed while the crowds cheered louder and louder at them, chanting with full energy. After doing their final pose, the crowds clapped loudly. 

"WOOO!!!"

"YOU GO GIRLS!"

"GO TWICE! SO CUTE~"

"RED VELVET~ MY ANGELS!"

"BLACKPINK YOU ALL ARE SO HOT!"

"AAHHHH!!!"

Jihyo panted heavily while she wipes away all of her sweats on her face. All the girls were on backstage after their performance. Now its time for the soccer game, the another big event they were thrilled and excited to watch and cheer on for their team. "Come on girls. Let's go change in the rest room." Jihyo said, always not forgetting to take care of her group members as a responsible leader.

"Alright, Jihyo. We need to move now or we'll miss the games." Momo said as they get off the stage which will move away for the game to be help in the field. "I can't wait for the game!" Chaeyoung said and Dahyun nodded. "It will sure be exciting!"

They continued their way to the restroom with their team colored shirt. Sana smiled happily while she kept silence. Nayeon saw this and was curious, so she said, "You look so happy, Sana! Is there someone playing that you'd like to watch?" They entered the restroom and began to change.

Sana smiled at Nayeon and nodded her head. "A friend is playing for my team, that's all." She said gently. Momo smirked at her Japanese friend. "A friend, huh?" Sana laughed quietly as she straightened her yellow shirt. "Don't get the wrong idea there, Momo." She poked her forehead with a small grin.

"H-Hey! That hurts.." Momo rubbed her forehead. She then tied her hair into a ponytail and wore a blue pin to support her team. The girls laughed at her and went outside for the game. Jeongyeon followed behind them, a bit far away. Mina stopped to wait for her friend who had a worried face.

"What's the matter, Jeongyeon?" Mina asked and startled Jeongyeon. "What? Oh- I'm fine." She said and forced a smile. "Are you worried about your game after today?" 

Jeongyeon sighed. "Is it obvious?" Mina giggled at her and took her arm to sit where the red team are to support their team, while Sana, Dahyun and Jihyo went for the yellow's seats, Nayeon and Momo went for the blue's and Tzuyu with Chaeyoung to the green's seats.

GREEN (Lime Sprite) > Tzuyu / Chaeyoung, Jungkook 

BLUE (Ocean Blue) > Nayeon / Momo, Hoseok / Jin

YELLOW (Queen Bee) > Sana / Dahyun / Jihyo, Jimin / Namjoon

RED (Red Dragon) > Mina / Jeongyeon, Taehyung / Yoongi

The ones playing soccer for the team: Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook, Hoseok and Namjoon.

"Don't worry, Jeongyeon. You're good at volleyball, in fact, you're better than anyone there is. That's why you're the school team's captain, after all." Mina explained to cheer up Jeongyeon, who then smirked. "I am the best, indeed!" She stood up with a fist in the air, closing her eyes while saying, "No one can play it better than I do! Just watch me, I will show the real way of playing and I will beat all the teams with my technique! RED DRAGON WILL WIN!" She shouted and the red crowds cheered on her loudly.

Mina laughed at Jeongyeon and pulled her back to sit down. "That's more like it." Her eyes went wandering the field where the yellow team boys and the green team boys entered the grassy field in lines. 

Mina's eyes met with Jimin's who was in yellow team, Queen Bee "GO LIME SPRITE!" She was surprised when Jeongyeon and the other red team cheered. Mina looked at Jeongyeon to ask, "We're supporting the green team?" Jeongyeon nodded with a grin. "Everyone agreed to it!"

Mina smiled and heard the whistle as the game starts. Even though she should follow everbody in Red Dragon, her team to support the yellow team, Queen Bee, she would always support Jimin too. "YOU CAN DO IT, LIME SPRITE!" 

And that also goes to you, Jimin. 

Mina grinned and cheered alongside with Jeongyeon till the game ends.