Chapter 9

I found myself on a broken pier by the coast. It surprised me how close the bar was to the ocean.

I perched on the edge of the pier watching the waves and the clouds moving under the dark sky. A breeze floated through and messed up my hair.

I had been left in my mind for at least an hour before anyone found me. Only a few people knew where I'd be anyway.

"Hey,"
I said when I heard footsteps coming in my direction. I wasn't expecting the person who sat down next to me.

"Yeah hey."
Dabi said as he haphazardly joined me.

"How did you know I'd be here,"

"We used to come here during the summer holidays."
I looked up at him as he continued to look out at the ocean.

"I'm sorry, what?"
He looked down at me before turning in his seat to face me.

"I thought it would be a good time to tell you... it's obvious that Dabi isn't my real name. My real name is gonna freak you the fuck out."

"Can you just fucking tell me?"

"Okay, damn. My name's Touya Todoroki. When you accidentally burnt down that shed I survived and ran away before any police got there,"

"...what?...you...you're Touya?"

"Yep"

"And...you're alive?"

"I really hope so,"

"I can't even form a reasonable response to that... I'm just so shook that you're alive!"
I jumped up on my knees and stretched up to give him a hug. He was a lot taller than me so it was somewhat difficult; but I couldn't have been happier when he hugged me back.

"I'm sorry I left you for all those years. I'm sorry I left you with all that guilt. But something good did come from all this,"
I let go of him and leant back.
"Someone finally killed Endeavour. And you are my favourite person for doing that,"

We smiled at each other before he got up and extended an arm to help me up. We began walking back and when we got to the street with the hideout on I saw Shigaraki and Shinso stood out in the road looking for me.

Touya, or Dabi as he said I should call him around the others, convinced me to sneak up on them. So I did.

I waited by the side of a building for Shinso to turn away before sneaking my way over to him.

I tapped his shoulder and when he turned around and realised it was me he latched onto me.

"OH MY GOD MAYA I WILL ACTUALLY MURDER YOU IF YOU RUN OFF LIKE THAT AGAIN!"
I giggled as I tried to pry myself from his grasp.

"Haha, love you too Toshi,"
He must've felt Shigaraki's presence behind him, because he let go pretty quick.

"I'll...I'll be inside May,"
Shinso stuttered before taking his leave. I waved him off and turned to Shigaraki.

"Where did you go?"
He asked as he held onto my hands.

"Nowhere important,"
He gently pulled me closer and hugged my waist.

"Maya, I think; I think I lo...love you..."
He whispered into my ear. I pushed him away a little so I could see his face. I ran my fingers along his jawline as he put a hand on my cheek.

"Took you long enough,"
I said before kissing him, I felt him smile as he kissed back and the only reason we stopped was because a car came down the road.

****

When we retreated inside we bypassed everyone in the bar and went straight to our room.
"I love you Maya,"
Shigaraki kept mumbling as he covered my neck with kisses and the odd love-bite.
"Yeah I love you too but can you close the door before anyone sees you trying to eat my neck,"