14- Dawn of Sorrow

As much as Lewis fought to get to this point... he couldn't do it.

Then he would be doing the same crime he hated Arthur for committing.

He covered his face and decided to extend his hand out on the last second. Using his powers, he pulled Arthur's mechanical arm up trough magnetism, grabbing it. Arthur was still flinching, when he didn't feel anything he hesitantly opened his eyes, being met with Lewis, who had just saved him.

There was a brief silence.

"Lewis." Arthur said quietly.
"Is it really... You?" Lewis looked up from his hand at Arthur with his dark eyes, but didn't reply. Instead he tossed the blond against the ground away from the cliff. He was mad, mad at everything, especially himself...

Arthur stood up hesitantly, he didn't know what to do or say. All the things he wanted to tell Lewis when he thought he was gone forever couldn't escape his mouth, his mind went totally blank.

Lewis turned around to face Arthur, who became paralyzed seeing the visible rage in his features. He slowly walked closer to the scared blond, who stood still like a deer in headlights. He stood tall in front of Arthur towering him, and Arthur lifted his arms in front of him protectively, but it wasn't much. Lewis furrowed his eyebrows, he grabbed the blond's chin harshly to look at him, staring trough his soul with his cold dead eyes.

"You're lucky I still have a heart." He said in a dangerously calm tone. Arthur's heart was racing in fear and something else he couldn't understand. Lewis then snapped his finger.

"Sleep."

Arthur's vision turned to darkness and he fell unconscious,
Lewis then lifted him up on his shoulder. All the deadbeats gathered around, the smallest one and the most empathetic making it's way to the front. Lewis looked down at the sad faced spirit and his expression softened. He sighed opening a portal to his mansion and going trough it, the deadbeats following behind. He placed the unconscious blond on the floor "keep an eye on him while I'm gone." He told the deadbeats. Just as he was going back trough the portal the sad small one tapped his shoulder, catching his attention "where are you going...?" The small one asked in it's soft, quiet voice. "...Unfinished business." Lewis replied coldly before going through, closing the portal behind him.

The deadbeats gathered around the sleeping blond not having a clue what to do with him, so they simply watched him sleep.

In the meantime

Lewis went back to the place of the accident and was shocked by the sight.

Shiromori was straddling his beloved Vivi about to plunge her giant scissors on her.

Suddenly a gunshot was heard. Shiromori was taken aback by the bullet that just got embedded in her head, she didn't scream or anything, she just looked around confused. She saw a short blond man get out of his hiding spot with a shotgun in hand.

Lance was perplexed that the monster girl didn't even budge.

Shiromori grinned at him, pulling the bullet from her forehead and healing the hole simultaneously. Lance sweat dropped making Shiromori giggle, turning to Vivi again. Just when she was about to plunge her scissors down, Lewis yanked her off of her. Shiromori looked at him in shock, then awkwardly waved at him, which made him even angrier. His skull head became engulfed in raging flames.

"You see that tree??" He said pointing at a thick tree trunk a few feet away. Lewis then threw a big fire ball at it making it explode in flames immediately, turning it to ashes in a matter of seconds. Shiromori watched the whole thing in horror "that's going to be you next time I catch you. Little shit!" He yelled right on her face before spinning and trowing her up to the sky far, far away.

Lance, Vivi and Mystery watched the whole thing amazed. Lewis then turned to Vivi lending her a hand to pull her up. He took her hands and she was hesitant "who are you?" She asked in a suspicious manner.

Lewis revealed his true face. The only one who looked shocked was Mystery.

"How??" The Kitsuné asked himself. How was it possible the man himself was standing right there when he was supposedly gone forever? He was speechless.

Mystery then turned back to his dog form, sitting down to watch.

"It's me, Lewis." He began tenderly "you have no idea how much I've missed you, my love." He said cupping her cheek in one hand...

Vivi took a step back "I- " Lewis interrupted her "I know, I know I look very different a-and my voice is weird but I swear I haven't changed! It's a long story," he scratched his neck nervously "but it doesn't matter! All this road I had to take was worth it. I'm finally here, With you..." He said sweetly.

"I-I'm sorry, what...?" Vivi asked confused.

Both Lewis and Mystery's hearts dropped.

"Oh my God..." Mystery thought to his horror "this isn't going to end well..."

Lewis kept trying "Vivi... don't you remember me?" He asked, still hopeful. She stared at the taller man perplexed...

"I don't know who you are..."

Lewis heart shattered from hearing those words. He wasn't expecting that at all "w-what do you mean? I'm part of the group! I was your boyfriend before the shithead of Arthur ruined everything!" He said emphasizing Arthur with hatred. Vivi furrowed her eyebrows "wait... Lewis... I've heard that before..." She murmured putting a finger on her chin thoughtfully, then put two and two together "you..." She pointed at him "you're the reason Arthur went insane!" Vivi said.

Lewis was dumbfounded by her reply "what??" They started arguing "yeah, after the incident in the cave a few years ago!"
"Oh come on, he did it on purpose!"
"Look I don't know what happened there! Arthur says I lost my memory but I don't get it, the only thing I don't remember is what happened in the cave." Vivi said.

Mystery was nervously watching waiting for Lewis to burst in flames any second now.

Lewis paused for a moment. He showed her the picture of them in his heart locket "You don't remember...? anything?" He asked her with a pained voice. Vivi stared at the photo of what seemed to be the same man before he was deceased and her in his arms, both smiling. She frowned and looked up at Lewis, shaking her head slowly. The heart locket returned to it's place on his chest, shattering to a million pieces.

Vivi saw this feeling bad for him
"I'm sorry..." She said as kindly as possible.

Mystery thought he was going to react in a raging manner, or maybe he would storm out somewhere else, but Lewis didn't budge. The ghost man stood still looking at the ground, his pompadour making his eyes difficult to read. It was dead silent for what felt like an eternity, the wind blowing and the pine trees moving with it were the only thing that resonated.

Vivi broke the silence "are you ok...?" She asked quietly, worry in her voice. There was no reply.
Lewis shook his head and turned around his heel, opening a portal in front of him.
He heard a whimper and felt something grab onto his sleeve, when he looked behind him he saw Mystery pulling on his coat, worry visible in his puppy eyes.
Lewis gave him a dead cold look that basically said "Let. Me. Go." Making the dog shrink and retrieve next to Vivi with his tail in between his legs. No words were exchanged between none of them.

The sorrowful man walked through the portal, closing it behind him without even looking back. Raindrops started to fall right after he vanished.

That was the last time they saw him.