Chapter 17 | Earth Day

TOMIKO'S TAKE: A BLOG FOR THE STYLISH

HAPPY EARTH DAY, BITCHES

Is it just me or is angry the new black?

There's definitely a foul wind blowing through Noe Valley lately. Maybe it's all those pregnant ladies forced to wear tunics and metallic Birken-flops. (Hell-o! Are we done with that bandwagon yet or what?) There's something very witchy about a woman expecting. A crepitating sort of effervescence that's an energy-suck on the rest of the world. Not that I don't love babies. Okay, I'm lying. At best, I'm indifferent to the little milk-leeches.

Regardless...

I've sensed this dark hole, especially at the Cottage Tea Salon the last few days, even when it was midweek and baby-shower-free. Tension in the air. Tons of hormones. Also a grumbling ennui. Absolutely tedious. Not good for the complexion, ladies, gents, and poly-gens! Not good at all.

Can we turn that frown upside down without Botoxifying? I for one am looking forward to the Animal Shelter's annual Fur Ball in a couple of weeks. The fashion freak flags fly more freely around dogs and cats, I've found. In honor of and as a post-Earth-Day bonus, follow my link below for a discount on cruelty-free apparel from Vēgasm, the new shop in Baja Noe, just in time to play dress up with no climate-changing animal products whatsoever.

Woof. Meow. Tweet.

—T. Takimoto, blog mistress of Tomiko's Take

===

Apologies that this is so late, Wattpad friends! My work schedule has changed because of the holidays, so I don't think I'll be able to post on Fridays for a while. Tuesdays are still good, though, so I might just do one post per week for now until things settle. Who knows? I might have put up the entire novel by the time Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Yule, etc., have come and gone.

Thanks, as always, for your interest in HEARTS & MINDS! This is a pretty short chapter, but I promise another long one--a 2-parter at least--next time. Please remember to vote, comment, and tell your friends about it!

x, Olivia