Chapter 22 | Barking Mad

TOMIKO'S TAKE: A BLOG FOR THE STYLISH

BARKING MAD

     Did anyone's Ferragamos get caught in last night's freak rainout? Pity. If you click on the left link you'll find a special deal for Tomiko's Take readers on pocket galoshes. They fold up teeny tiny and fit in a clutch, so you don't have to worry about a little sprinkle. Get 20% off with the code: TOMIKO20. And, you're welcome.

So. Last night's San Francisco Animal Shelter Fur Ball was a sparkling affair full of designer names and rebellious pooches. Winners of the raffle and silent auction took away such treasures as a date with the Mayor, a tour of Pixar, and a lifetime supply of kibble. Apparently, some tears were shed on and off the dance floor regarding love, broken promises, and cracked tiaras, but what can you expect when the booze is flowing like a swollen river after a thunderstorm? Noe Valley's very own Harvey-Furlan Wine Bar kept the drinks a-coming. I have to say that their Pinot Noir is divine, but there's something off about the Chardonnay. What could it be? Kind of bitter. Like envy. Right?

Speaking of jealousy, who made an appearance at the Hipster/Codger Ball but supermodel Iris Olsen! She's a native of Kensington, Marin County, by way of Sweden, and doesn't it show in those legs like a well-turned-out giraffe! She looked absolutely stunning in a Honey & Cream cocktail dress set with some fabulous accessories like a very willing and able boy toy who kept her busy all night on the dance floor, along with her teeny tiny chihuahua, Mitzie. Rumor has it that Iris is about to get a contract as the new face of Lancôme. Tomiko's Take gives our stamp of approval.

     —T. Takimoto, blog mistress of Tomiko's Take

===

A brief chime-in from our favorite fashion bloggista, Tomiko! Next time, we'll check in with the Ko-Harvey sisters, I promise. Until then, thanks as always for reading! Please don't forget to vote, comment, and share. x, Olivia