anxiety

Trixie drove to a bar and took me in through the back door straight to the dressing room.

Trixie was a lesbian, if she saw my tinder that means she at least has to be bi.
I thought she was straight for sure.
I kind of wish I didn't know.
I was fine with the thought of absolutely no possibility of us ever being a thing. It made it easier.

"What are you thinking about Zamo?"

I was taken out of my thoughts and focused on Trixie who was now tuning her guitar

"Hmm? Oh nothing."

"Come on. You are being quiet. You are never quiet"

"Really, honestly, I'm not thinking about anything"

A short woman came in and gave Trixie a five minute warning. Trixie chatted with her and the woman looked at me wide eyed and then Trixie slapped her on the shoulder. After more whispers between them Trixie grabbed her guitar and left

"Come on sweet pea. You're sitting with me"

I stood and followed the woman out to a table right in front of the stage

"I'm Ginger by the way. I own this bar and you're welcome anytime. But you won't be getting any drinks here"

"I'm Katya, nice to meet you"

"Nice to finally meet you too"

"Finally?"

"What? Did I say finally? Whoops. Oh look the show's starting!"

Trixie came out on stage "I've been working on my second album, I'm gonna sing a couple of the songs for y'all tonight if that's alright.

cheers filled the room and I realized just how packed it was. Everyone was standing shoulder to shoulder.

Trixies voice was nothing less of an Angel. It was the only thing that made me not feel anxious. Before today I'd never known that.

"Oh soldier, Take your time, no one said the words all have to rhyme and if they do it's fine. Even if they don't, no one needs to know..."

All attention was on Trixie. She deserved it. Every person in that bar stood in awe of the country singing Barbie that stood on the stage. I couldn't take my eyes off her. Couldn't hear anything but the music she played. Couldn't even think of anything but her.

Ginger chuckled and shook her head "sweetie you're practically drooling"

"I- I'm sorry. She's just amazing."

"You got that right"

Trixie thanked the crowd and left the stage making sure to gesture for me to follow her.

"Holy shit, Barbie. You- you're- I- wow"

"Did You like the show?"

"Y- Yes! You were amazing. How are you not famous yet?!"

"Oh stop. I'm nothin special enough to be famous"

"fuck yea you are"

Trixie giggled and my heart melted at the rosy blush that filled her cheeks, ears and chest.

"You could go places Trixie. I really mean it. You're powerful. I'd never felt as calm as I did when you sang. I didn't even realize how anxious I am until I didn't feel anxious anymore"

"Katya. I'm happy to hear that"

"Hm. Now that all the sappy shit is out of the way Can you tell me why ginger said it was nice to 'finally' meet me?"

"I swear to god that woman... she didn't mean anything."

"You expect me to believe that?"

"Yea? I don't know. I just can't really tell you much because... because of reasons"

"Ohhh reasons. Yea those." I glared. She laughed, packed up her guitar and we went to her car

"What's your address?"

I typed my address into Trixies google maps.

"Alright, did you have fun today?"

"It was great. Probably the most fun I've had in a while at least while sober and during the day"

"Katya!"

"What?! I'm a seventeen year old, what do you expect? I like to party. Parties are how I got my nickname, Zamo"

"I was wondering why everyone calls you that, first it was only adore but now everyone does. Please tell me the origin story of the infamous Zamo"

"I think you already know. How else would you know?"

"I have a rough idea. Just tell meee"

"Fine. I'm very popular in the party scene, I stick out at parties. I only wear red and black, I'm the only out lesbian, I like to get into fights and um for a while I was known for sleeping with lots of girls straight or not. I've changed though. I have much more respect for woman but everything else is pretty much the same. Zamo was created when I still went by Yekaterina and no one could say it so everyone started calling me Zamo. Everyone knows Zamo. Even some teachers I guess"

"Huh. Yekaterina, I love that name. It doesn't sound as nice when I say it though.... Violet Chachki was the 'Zamo' when I was in high school. I know you're familiar with her"

"Mm hm. It seems I'm just telling you everything and getting nothing in return . You have to explain what's going on with the mention of my tinder and gingers comment"

"That's fair I guess. I'm telling you as a friend and not a teacher though. We clear?"

"Crystal clear"

"Me and a couple of friends were at gingers bar this summer and we were all drunk and being foolish going through our tinder's trying to find me a date....

*flashback Trixie P.O.V*

"Trixie look at this one" Sasha showed her phone and I shook my head she shrugged and went back to swiping

I swiped through my tinder, swiping left on every girl that appeared on screen.

Surprisingly I was a top but because of the way I dress and the overwhelming amounts of pink in my life every girl thinks I'm a bottom and it's a problem.
Every bottom on tinder has the same aesthetic as me and I hated it. I was looking for someone that was a bottom but more butch than femme.

"What about her?" Ginger turned her phone to me. On the screen was a blonde hair, blue eyed girl. Her name was Katya and she was 19. She was fucking hot. There were four pictures in her profile. The first on was a selfie, she had black eyeshadow smudged on her eyelids that made her blue eyes pop, her red lips surrounded the blinding white teeth of her huge grin. The second was a mirror selfie of her kneeled down in front of the mirror with the same makeup. The third she was licking her lips with her hand on her hip in the middle of what looked like a party, she had toned abs and the nicest arms and legs I'd ever seen. The fourth photo, She was sitting on a motorbike, wearing a leather jacket and black jeans.

She was perfect. More than perfect. I took a screenshot of each photo and sent them to myself before handing Ginger her phone.

*end flashback*

"Ginger showed me your profile and I screenshotted each photo and sent them to myself. When you walked into my class the first day of school I didn't know what to do and I told ginger all about it. Don't get any ideas zamo, I know you're seventeen now"

"Damn."

"Oh look we're here. I'll see you tomorrow at school bye" we pulled up to my house and Sharon was standing in the door way

"if i were to say i was dared to get you to give me a kiss would you umm help me complete that dare"

"get out, katya"

"fineee. wish me luck"