chapter 2

An Unexpected Alliance

Two days later

The phone of Boss rang. The Leader still sleepy freed himself from the grasp of the beautiful girl beside him and took the call.

''Yeah?'' He asked. ''Oh, Shaundi, it's you. You got any news?'' Boss yawned. ''Yeah. I am awake now. I will be there in 10 minutes…. Yeah, she was pretty good. Not really my type but still pretty good.'' Boss commented while he was looking at the woman sleeping next to him. ''Ok, Shaundi, see you there.''

Boss got out of the bed, brushed his teeth, put some clothes on, and was just leaving when the girl woke up.

''Where are you going?'' She asked still half asleep.

''Don't worry. I just have to take care of something.'' He answered and exited the apartment. The girl simply put her head back on the pillow and continued her sleep.

10 minutes later, Boss entered a shisha bar. Just from the looks, you could tell that was one of the Saints' outpost. Everywhere were people wearing purple and the Saints' stigma.

Of course, immediately recognized, the Leader wasn't bothered by anyone. He went to the VIP lounge and found Shaundi sitting on a pile of comfortable pillows appreciatively smoking the newest drug.

Boss sat beside her. She gave him the pipe. He returned it but not before he inhaled some of it himself.

''Not bad.'' He commented.

''Right?'' Shaundi responded in a good mood. ''I found your girl, boss. Like the eco-anarchist she is, she is hiding in Robinson Park. Some of our girls tried to sneak in but they were caught by some freaky looking plants. When I saw them myself for the first time, I was doubting, if I was not high at that time. How will you convince her anyway?'' Shaundi asked.

''With my charming personality.'' Boss joked.

''If it's you, you could really pull it off, but I would think of a plan B just in case.'' Shaundi laughed taking another breath.

''Yeah, you are right. The money will probably don't do it. I have to be creative.'' The leader thought for a moment. ''I got it. I call Kinzie. She will probably have an idea. Great job, see you, Shaundi.'' Boss said and stood up.

''Thanks, Boss. I still will be here for a while. I can't just get enough of that stuff.'' Shaundi replied and continued to smoke. ''This is paradise.'' Shaundi sighed contently.

Boss smiled and exited the bar. Then he called Kinzie.

Robinson Park Lunchtime

Poison Ivy was in her garden enjoying the company of her babies when suddenly she was informed by her plants that a car was closing in on her hideout. Surprised, she looked out of the window, and indeed a purple van could be seen, driving through the park towards her.

Maybe that has something to do with the recent attempts to sneak into her home. Ivy wondered. A couple of strange women tried to break in, but her natural security system handled them rather easily. But Ivy didn't recognize their affiliation. They weren't part of any supervillain's gang she knew. Whoever it was, they shouldn't mess with her or they would regret it.

The van stopped in front of her building. A good looking young man wearing blue jeans, a black t-shirt, and a purple jacket got out of the car. He was followed by four heavily armed guys also wearing the same color scheme dragging a man out, who had a bag over his head. Ivy recognized the symbol. The women had the same symbol.

It was obvious they knew she was here and they were here for her. Ivy checked the surroundings. No police or reinforcements. It was only these six guys. Nothing Ivy couldn't handle. Ivy was intrigued. There was no harm in hearing these guys out.