chapter 1

''Sir, I have to remind you, that you have a very important meeting today. May I suggest that you at least get some sleep before that, Master Bruce?''

Alfred Pennyworth the butler of the Waynes advised the youngest and last member of this rich and powerful family Bruce Wayne, who just came back from an adventurous night as the Batman.

''I just have to look into this new street gang 'The 3rd Street Saints'. They are new in the crime business and I want to take them out before they even gain footing to establish an organization.'' Bruce answered.

''The Saints? Isn't it just a group of thugs and street women? Compared to your usual threats they seem rather harmless.'' Alfred wondered out.

There were several street gangs in Gotham, but only the most powerful were worth of Batman's notice. The Saints surely would disappear as quickly as they emerged.

''Criminals are Criminals. Just because they aren't insane, doesn't mean, I should overlook them.'' Bruce said determinedly.

Alfred had stern look on his face and put a hand on Bruce's shoulder. ''No arguing. Smashing street gangs is a job for another time. Now please go upstairs and rest a little, Master Bruce.'' Alfred declared and started to help Bruce get out of his costume.

The Rise Of The Saints

Three years later

''How dare they? I only let them continue to exist because they weren't worth my time.'' Penguin, a local gangster boss of Gotham and enemy of the Bat, ranted. ''That is the third shipment of weapons we lost this week. My guys in the South of my district are dead. The Saints took over several of my strongholds and drug labs. I have enough. David!'' Penguin screamed.

A tall muscle packed guy entered. He wore a fashion suit and you could see tattoos on his hands and face. ''Yes, boss?'' He asked his eyes were hidden by stylish sunglasses.

''We are at war. I won't rest until this mother fucking son of a bitch is bleeding to death under my foot.'' Penguin yelled at him.

The big guy smiled manically and responded. ''Consider it done!'' Then he stepped out of the room to mobilize a few goons and go after the Saints.

Penguin noticed the Saints for the first time when they tried to get in on the drug business. Back then they were just a gang of street punks, who thought they could make some easy money. Their leader Jules was a rational guy and easy to make deals with. With him, Penguin established a healthy business.

Then an internal war broke out within the Saints and they started to dissolve back into nothing. When eventually a new leader emerged Penguin resumed their relation. At first, everything went well, but the Saints started to take one hand when Penguin offered a finger.

The saints started a coup to take over his organization. Penguin underestimated the new leader. In the time of their struggle, he had cleansed the gang from any opposing force and melted it into his private cult. The saints were insane. The lengths they went to achieve their goals were ludicrous.

Before Penguin started to take them seriously, they had already taken over half of his turf. Though the Penguin wouldn't go down without a fight. He entrenched himself with his best men in a secret base. The Iceberg-Lounge was still not finished and Penguin planned to crush the Saints when the next shipment of weapons would arrive. The only thing he had to do now was to wait.

Shortly after David had left Penguin, the crime-lord heard gunshots. He became nervous. No way the Saints could have found him. This place was his best-hidden base even Batman didn't know of. The noises got closer and closer.