chapter 6

Flying like a bird

''Yes, right there. Aah. You have a golden touch, dear.'' A relaxed Boss sighed. He was laying on a bench looking downwards. He was being massaged by a young-looking woman.

''We here at 'Spa Palace' make sure that you get the most rest imaginable.'' The woman said while massaging Boss's back.

''That is just what I need after a long day of murdering,'' Boss said contently. Suddenly his phone rang. ''Could you please hand over my phone? I would rather not move.'' He asked the woman. She gave it to him. Boss took the call. ''Yes, oh hi Zimos... Do you have a problem?... That son of a bitch!... I am getting to you right now. On second thought expect me in 2 hours or so.'' He threw the phone back to his things and turned around. ''Now for making me feel so good how about I repay you,'' Boss said and stroke her cheek.

''Boss, you know I have another client next.'' The girl repelled.

''Let them wait,'' Boss said not giving up.

''Alright, but you better do a good job. And better be worth it to skip out on paying clients.'' The girl said.

''Trust me, baby, it will,'' Boss stated and leaned in to kiss her. Half an hour later the Boss put on his clothes.

The girl was smoking a cigar. ''Come by again anytime.''

The girl said and Boss answered. ''I will.'' He opened the door and went out.

Outside he got into his car and drove to the base. He wanted to change clothes and equipment. At the base, he went upstairs. There he met Asha, Kinzie, and Matt working at their computers and Pierce playing 'Call of the Battlefield 6'.

''Hey, guys.'' He greeted them. He was ignored. ''That is not the way how you should greet your boss.'' He reminded them. Still no reaction. ''That hurts, you know,'' Boss begged now. They still ignored him. ''Fine.'' He went to a side-room and started changing. 10 minutes later he was back with them. He observed Pierce's gaming closer. ''This is fishy. You are playing way too good.'' Boss stated besides Pierce.

''Wow, Bro. Don't scare me like that. That is just my true skill. I was going easy on you guys before. You being my boss and all.'' Pierce bragged.

''Skill my ass. You used my computer to download some cheats. If Matt wouldn't have restored it, I would have broken both of your arms.'' Asha stated.

''Thanks, Matt by the way,'' Pierce said ignoring Asha.

''If you went to me, I would have restored them quicker,'' Kinzie said.

''In your dreams, Kinzie. You can't compare yourself to the Cyber God.'' Matt responded not looking up from his computer. The boss should have seen that coming. No wonder they were so quiet and ignoring each other. Asha and Pierce are never gotten along pretty well. And Kinzie still holds a grudge against Matt. And Matt couldn't forget that she had beaten him once. Before the situation could escalate Viola, Shaundi and Barbara entered.

''Hi, Boss and gang.'' Viola and Shaundi greeted them.

''Omg. You look like shit.'' Pierce commented when he saw them and was trying to distract the Boss from the fact that he used cheats.

''Fuck you, Pierce. The Black Masks set a trap for us. They nearly got us but then Viola took out her bazooka and blasted them to hell. Oh. And this is the new girl, Barbara Croft, by the way. She was eager to meet you.'' Shaundi said.

''I wonder why?'' Kinzie commented.

Boss looked at the girl. She didn't look like much and was quiet the whole time.