Chapter 8: Abominations, Realizations, and Baby Aliens, Part 1

The giant fetus-abomination called Vileon thrashed me around all willy-nilly. He slung me over here, he threw me over there, my body battering against the ground and furniture, bathing in the vomit he had so graciously spewed out everywhere. It wasn't acid, I didn't melt after it got on me, no, it really was like pea soup. How awful.

After a few times bashing me against the floor, he raised me up and peered at me. Of course, my brain was rattled, and my body was sore, but I could not just pass out because of a little thing like brain damage.

"Do you give up, mortal one?" he asked me.

"Googoo, gaga," I said to him in my weak, mocking tone.

He slapped me a couple of times with another tentacle, hit me over top of my head. I tried to block one of his tentacles from poking out my eye, but, of course, they are tentacles, so I did get jabbed.

"Let him go!" Lilly yelled.

I tried to keep them away, the group, but you know how people are, always wanting to help in the worst possible way. Lilly ran to us, with Geraldine, Jo, and Tom following behind. All four were knocked down by a lash of the fetus-abomination's whip-like tentacle, scattered and thrown about the room. I knew that was going to happen.

"How dare you intrude upon this holy ground," the fetus echoed with his bizarre mishmash of voices. He pulled me out in front of himself and shook me hard, upside-down. "This is between us, monkey-thing."

"I agree," I muttered, my arms dangling and my body partially limp. I was trying to act as unoffensive as I could. "They shouldn't have gotten involved."

"Mmm, yes," the fetus mewed. "Do you wish to die quickly or slowly, Sanguine of the River Red?"

"Neither."

"Oh?" he questioned with emphasis. "You think you have a say otherwise?"

"Say? No. I just have this."

I really did wish I had better lines in light of my given life choices, but it is what it is. Maybe 'chew on this, sucker?' Eh, something to think about later, it's already been said so I may as well go with it.

I pulled out the stun baton Jo gave me earlier and I jabbed it right into the pulpy flesh of the abomination's cheek. As I pressed the button, the fetus let go, the quick shock enough to surprise him. I hit the ground like a ton of bricks, but I didn't have time to worry about the pain. I had to get up, had to go.

"Run!" I shouted as I flailed my arms and ran away from the surprised fetus-monster. "Stay away from him!"

"Bastard!" Vileon bellowed out as it regained its focus. Too bad, I was long gone, hiding behind a pillar. "Come out wherever you are, you cannot hide from the inevitable."

Frick that. I wasn't going to even bother answering; he'd know where I was if I did. Oh, no no, I was busy with other things. I had my phone out, redialing the number Lilly put in for She. I hoped she would answer this time, but she didn't. I tried again and again. No answer, and time was slipping away from me.

"Peek-a-boo," the fetus grumbled. I turned my head and I could see him to my right, peeking around the corner with partially opened eyes. They were large and milky white. "Shame on you, trying to call playmates without my permission."

He grabbed me again with his flexible, leathery tentacle, this time with my arms bound. I dropped and shattered my phone, the damn thing finally breaking apart completely. No good, no good at all.

"Have any last words, robed man?" Vileon asked me, shaking me hard in that tentacle. It made me dizzy.

"Yes," I told him. "She! She! She, help me!" I began pleading and begging aloud.