3

Mando landed the ship so we could sleep. I laid awake in my bed, anxiety eating away at my brain. Hours passed and i started to get a bit drowsy, finally drifting to sleep.

+Dream+

"Mom?" I shouted. We were walking in the tall grass together and then she just disappeared. 

"Mom?! where are you!?" My five year old self shouted desperately to find her. A tear slid down my face and anxiety filled my chest. 

I searched and searched, mom nowhere in sight. Digging through the grass, I found her boot, bloody,with the smell of death all over it. "N-no!" I shouted. I kept running, still having hope that my mother is alive. 

No, no, I smelled it. Anyone could smell it from a mile away. A mudhorn, just laying in the grass innocently. My mothers sweater slightly hanging out of his mouth. I screamed louder than you would think any five year old could ever scream. 

The mudhorn ran after me and I ran faster. 

It killed my mother, the beautiful young lady that cheered me up when I was down. When my father died, she was never sad around me, she only made sure that I was always happy. A wonderful woman she was. 'was'

I wake up with a jolt. My door busted open to reveal the Mandalorian with his blaster. I was sweating, he saw me and ran over. "What happened, are you hurt?" He asked frantically. "I-Im fine," I replied. I could see through his helmet that he was skeptical. "It was j-just a dream," I reassured him. "You were screaming," he said, not believing a word I was saying. "I am sorry if I woke you.." I apologized.

He sat on the bed. "you didn't wake me. I was sorting my weapons" (because I guess that's what he does in his free time. lol) "oh, well I don't mean to trouble you, go back to your weapons," I said, tilting my head slightly to the side.

He put a hand on my shoulder, "You are no trouble at all. You are still on my ship, aren't you?" My eyes lit up with a new emotion. "Thank you," I gave him my gratitude. 

"What's your name?" he asked. That's when I realized that we didn't really know ANYTHING about each other. I bursted out laughing and he chuckled slightly.

"I'm (Y/n), what about you?"

"I don't really have a name. My parents died when i was young. I don't remember."

I thought for a moment. 'there's something we have in common.' "I'm sorry for your loss," my tone was sad. He nodded his head.

We looked at each other for a moment. My hands slowly reached for his helmet.

The Mandalorian didn't know why he was letting you do this.

I lifted his helmet slightly. He held my hands and pulled his helmet back down. "I'm sorry," he said. He got up off the bed and left the room. 'who is the man behind that mask?'

-

I woke up around noon. I obviously didn't get much sleep last night, from the dream, anxiety, and wondering who is behind that mask. 

My feet touched the freezing floor sending a shock up my body. 'that's cooold'. 

I changed into my clothes for the day and made my way out of the room. I wasn't hungry for breakfast, so I sat in the seat next to Mando in the cockpit. I slouched down with tired eyes.

"mornin'," I said to him. He didn't acknowledge me. "look, I'm sorry about last night. Did you ever finish sorting your weapons?" i ask. He looks at me and laughs slightly. "No, I didn't. I guess I fell asleep after I left your room."

My cheeks turned red after remembering how I tried to take off his helmet last night.

A few moments of awkward, yet comforting silence passed. "So, are you tired?" I asked him. "No.," he replied. I look forward. "caa," I hear from behind me. A sleepy looking green kid is waddling towards us. His eyes are squinty and his robes are twisted. 

"Hey, sweety. You've been sleeping almost a full day!" I giggled and set him on my lap. "He tends to do that," Mando told me. I smiled. The kid's eyes slowly closed and he fell asleep on my chest. 'so cute.' 

I smiled at Mando and then looked back at the kid. He really cares for him. Mandalorians aren't supposed to show the feelings that he does, especially towards an enemy. 

But there was something different about him.

baiiiii

-StuckInAFandom

;p