4

I held my hook in one hand and my yarn in the other. I was currently crocheting ear warmers for the kid. His ears are so big, they have got to be cold, right? 

"Gaa!" I said in frustration. My yarn kept getting tangled and each time that happens, I have to redo what i JUST did. Mando looked over. I waved him off to keep driving the ship. My mother taught me a long time ago how to crochet and I was actually pretty good at it. Since she died, I haven't really picked up my needle anymore though.

 I took a deep breath and loop the yarn over with my hook very slowly. It frayed. "GAaA!" I yelled. I felt someone behind me and I saw Mando's hands grab my needle and yarn. He wrapped the yarn around the needle and looped it around two other pieces then pulled the needle out. 

I was dumbfounded.

He walked away. "T-thank you," Mando knew how to crochet? I didn't have time to really dwell on the fact that he could crochet and I couldn't. The alarms in the ship went off and red lights started flashing.

"What's happening?!" I shouted. He didn't answer. Instead, he checked his security cameras. "Someone is on board," He shouted back to me. 'on board? how?' 

The Mandalorian went off to find the person on his ship. "Stay here," he said.

Mando's point of view

I looked at the cameras, there was someone in the vents. I've got cameras everywhere. 

I told (Y/n) to stay where she was. I don't want her interfering with this man, whoever it is could be very dangerous.

I readied my Amban Rifle for whomever was in the vents. I heard rustling above me. 'There you are.' "Bffk," I shot at the vent. A small, thin woman fell out. She pulled out her blaster and started shooting at me.

I blocked each shot and her eyebrows furrowed. I threw a vibroblade at her and cut her shoulder. She dropped her blaster and grunted in pain. This gave me a chance finish her. I punched her into the wall and grabbed her throat. I pointed my flame thrower that's in my gauntlet at her. 

I didn't get to use it before I heard the kid walking up to us. 'no, not now.' I looked back at him and tried to motion for him to get out of here. A sharp pain ran throughout my back. She kicked me. The kid waddled away scared. 

I turned around and pulled out my blaster, pointing it at her head. Suddenly, she fell over. There was a hole in her side. I look at (Y/n) who was on my right. "I told you to stay put," I said. "She was too close," she mutters. 'too close?' 

-

I finished disposing of the intruder while (Y/n) finished up the kid's ear warmers. They actually turned out pretty good. She ran off to find the kid. 

I picked up her needle and yarn for her and put it with her stuff.

"Tadaa!" I heard from behind and turned around. She held the child in her hands, he had the blue warmers she made him fitted to his ears. He seemed happy, so did she.

I smiled from behind my mask. 'How can someone be so sweet and not even realize it?' She tilted her head patiently. "So what do you think?" She asked. I chuckled, she is so innocent.

"Good job," I said and walked away. She whined. "That's it? I worked all day on this and all you say is good job?" 'She's lucky she's cute or I'd probably throw her off this ship.'

"What is so wrong with 'good job'?" I asked her, but she just walked away, kid in hand.

'She's the reason I drink.'

(Y/n)'s point of view

'Good job? I'll show him a good job!' my face twisted into a look of confusion. 'Wait, what is that supposed to mean?'  I laughed at my own weird thoughts. 

"Caa?" The kid let out his usually cooing sound. I pat his head and he giggled slightly. 

I heard someone cock their gun and point it to the side of my head. "Hand over the kid," they said. "No," I stated sternly. They pushed their weapon into my head. 'How will I get out of this?' 

"Now. Do I need to repeat myself?" They said through gritted teeth. "No, you don't. She is not giving you anything," the Mandalorian confirmed from behind me. "Heh heh, is this your boyfriend or something?" their annoying voice filled my ears and my face turned red. Mando walked forward towards them. "Back off, bud," he said.

I squeezed the kid into my chest and he held on for dear life. 

They walked away from me and pointed their gun at Mando. "Excuse me? I bet your not even a real Mandalorian," they said cockily. The Mandalorian shot through their forehead and they fell over lifelessly. 

I ran over to Mando and wrapped my arms around him. He grabbed the kid from me and patted my head. "Be careful, you almost got killed," he walked away. I bit my lip. 'wow.'

A/n: sorry for the short chapter!

baiiiii

-StuckInAFandom

;p