Chapter 7

My head was pounding like crazy. I tried opening my eyes but immediately closed them. The light was to much. I moved my legs and arms. They moved fine but my legs were sore. I could at least sit up though. Moving both legs slightly towards the center or my body, I lifted myself up. Pushing off with my hands.

'Ah' I winced. That was a bad idea.

"Mel what are you doing? Lay back down."

Was that Kyler? He sounded worried. Why was he worried? Like a wave, the current events hit me hard. Me and Roy fighting, Roy slamming my head, him raping me! And then... Then... Blood. It wasn't mine right? I mean there was so much blood it could not have been mine....

"Roy's dead Mel." Kyler whispered. I attempted to open my eyes again but I was knocked with pain.

"Here, lay back down..."

I felt him gently press his hands against my shoulder, guiding me back to the pillow.

I felt like crying but I couldn't. I wouldn't. That man doesn't deserve my tears, especially after what he did to me. I didn't even care how he died, as long as he was dead.

Slowly I turned over to my side, only to be embraced by Kyler. I tucked my head under his and inhaled his scent. Tears threatened my eyes. No! I wouldn't cry damit!

"Are you going to be okay Mel?" he asked quietly.

"Yeah I'm going to be fine." my voice was shaky but still audible. Kyler tightened his hold on me. His touch made me feel safe and loved.

I felt him kiss my head lightly as I dozed off.

~~~~~~~

When I woke up, I hesitantly opened my eyes. Thankfully my head didn't hurt. I blinked my eyes a few times until I could see. I was still wrapped in Kylers arms, so I stayed still, not wanting to wake him up.

"Mel, you up?"

His voice was hoarse from sleep.

"Yeah, I'm up" I replied faintly.

He loosened his hold on me and sat up.

His eyes roamed over me once before he jumped off the bed and walked to his dresser.

"Here..." he said, as he tossed me one of his shirts and his boxers.

"I'm about to get you something to eat. Dont move okay?"

I nodded my head and he preceded out the door.

I lifted myself off the bed and placed my feet on the floor.

Kyler's robe was wrapped around me. Quickly, I took it off and slipped on the boxers and his long white shirt. I got back into the bed, scrunched up the white covers and inhaled his sweet scent.

"Knock, knock" Kyler said with a smile. He stood in front of his bedroom with a tray in hand.

"It's probably best if you eat something light so I got you some soup. Is that alright?"

I nodded my head. I didn't mind soup. I didn't mind anything right now. My stomach growled at the thought of the food.

He placed the tray on my lap and I immediately started eating the chicken noodle soup. Mmmmmm it tasted so good!

I felt the bed sink next to me, Kyler by my side. He turned the TV on with the remote and we watched re-runs of House while I ate. I loved this show! House's sarcasm made the show, I looked forward to it. Somewhere in between House Kyler took my tray away from me.

After two episodes I began to doze off again. Damn, I guess my sleepless days are catching up with me.

I rolled over and pulled the covers over me. Instantly, Kyler was embracing me. He held on tight, rubbing circles on my back.

"Thanks Kyler" I whispered.

"You're welcome Mel. I love you..." he responded.

"I love you too" I said before I drifted off.