Chapter Eight. (Kyler's POV)

Author's Note!:)

Sorry for taking soooo long! Life has been a bit hectic on this end. First I would like to thank my good friend Loreal Spencer aka (Animelover11 on wattpad) for writing and posting chapter 7 for me when i couldn't find the time to. If you enjoyed chapter 7, and even if you didn't, please PLEASE go check out Loreal's work. Her user name is once again Animelover11. Her stories and poems are GRREEEEAAAAT! Also, thanks to all the readers and fans who voted, commented, and read! Hope you enjoyed. Thanks!

Here's chapter 8! Kyler's POV Enjoy! :)

Ti'Ray Degrate,

I laid in bed for 3 hours straight trying to figure out what exactly happened that night. Two things I knew for sure; One, Roy was dead, and second, I had killed him. It was not by any chance an accident. I wanted to do it, and I doubt that anything or anyone could have stopped me. I could hear Mel's cry come all the way from my bedroom, and when I tried to get a vision of what was going on, the quick glimpse of Roy on top of her naked body quickly filled me with an anger that I thought was incapable to obtain.

Mel began to move up under the covers beside me. She had been staying with me for the past two days and hadn't got out the bed, except to excuse herself to the bathroom. This would have been any other guys dream, having the girl you love sleep in your bed next to you for 2 days straight, but for me, it wasn't like that at all. Sure, I was glad to be so close to her, but nothing else mattered to me except for her safety.  Her mother had kicked her out of the house, blaming her for Roy's "Suicide". Apparently, according to Mel's mom, she was the reason Roy was so stressed out and felt the need to nourish his problems with alcohol. I refused to let her beat herself up about something that was out of her control.

"Ky..." her whisper was low and her voice cracked as she started to try to sit up. Her hair was thrown all over her head and squinting her eyes she looked over at me and made eye contact.

"Hmmm?"

                "What time is it?" She was still in my white robe and the string had begun to untie itself, letting the cloth hang a little off of her shoulders.

                "Early, go back to bed. You need to get as much rest as you can if you plan on going to school tomorrow."

                She immediately started shaking her head, swaying her hair from one side of her face to the other. She was so beautiful, and I guess you could call this her worse.

                "I'm not going tomorrow, and you can't make me." Her voice was stern and a little unbalanced. Her mind began to wander like always and I put my hands over my ears in frustration trying to block her out. I was going to have to learn how to get control over this. "What are you doing?" she asked looking confused.

                "Can you try and keep your thoughts to a minimum please? Once you get started you go on for days," I said laughing a bit towards the end. Her expression changed, and suddenly she was smiling.

                "So I was right! You can read my thoughts?"

                "Read.... Hear... whatever you want to call it," I shrugged.

               "What else can you do?" she asked scooting closer to me in the bed.

                "Mel, we will talk about this later. First, we need to get you some food, and some fresh clothes." Her mother had left an hour ago to finish funeral arrangements and wasn't due home for maybe another hour. It was probably best if Mel, went home while her mom was out.

                "How am I supposed to go back there? Obviously, I'm not wanted." He face fell and I could hear and see her replaying what had happened two nights ago. I watched as Goosebumps began to rise on her arms.

                "It's already taken care of. Your mom is gone. Loreal and Josiah are at home with Roy's kid. I'll go with you if you'd like." Her head was already shaking yes in return as she rose to get out of the bed. She went to stand in front of the mirror on my dresser, and instantly began to complain about how horrible she thought she looked in front of me. Her hands found their way to her hair and attempted to comb through it with her fingers. She glanced at me from the corner of her eyes and stomped her foot. I couldn't help but smile, it was adorable how she couldn't see how beautiful she was.

                "It's not funny! Ughh, I need a hot shower, like now. And stay out of my head..." she trailed off as she heard the front door close. She quickly ran to my side and grabbed hold of my arm.

                "It's just my dad Mel." I stated looking down at her.

                "How did you know?" she tested me.

                I pointed to my forehead with my index finger. As if I was saying Duh.

                "So you can read everyone's thoughts?"

                "No.... I can hear the members' of NSOBs thoughts, and then.... The rule is whoever you're assigned to.... You can hear their thoughts as well." I didn't want to give her too much information just yet, especially if I didn't know enough about it myself. I guess I would just have to wait for the NSOB retreat tomorrow to fully understand my purpose.

                "Assigned to? What? I'm confused..... Explain."

                "Not now, I don't know all the details and we need to get you some clothes, remember." Just like that her mind had shifted from to getting into her house. Once again, the rambling. Oh boy, would it ever stop? I asked myself.

                As we walked through the grass, from my house to hers, all the memories from that night emerged in her head. I grabbed her hand in support to let her know I was here for her.  "Try not to think about it okay?" She shook her head and proceeded towards the door. At the door she paused and hesitated.

                "It's open," I informed her. She still stood there, her mind blank and soundless. I opened the door, and together we walked into the house. With one step inside, my senses showed me were everyone in the house was. Ray was in the living room watching the Sunday football game. Loreal was in her room laying on her bed writing something in her journal, and Josiah was in the kitchen making himself a sandwhich. I looked at Melody, and the tears came quick. "I'll wait for you downstairs", I said as I made my way into the living room to watch the game next to Ray.