Season 1, Chapter 2: Exams and Snacks

4 days later

Nishikata's POV

I walked in complete pain in my arms. Last night, I did something I shouldn't have done in the first place, push up over 100 times. And now, I regret every single push that I take when I exceeded 100.

I decided I try to move my arm a bit more.

"AAAGH!"

Takagi's POV

I heard a boy screeching in the distance. But a scream that I seem too familiar with.

"Looks like it's Nishikata. And probably he has some trouble, maybe a little tease should help him." I smiled.

I hide behind the nearest bush where me and Nishikata usually met and separated. Time to wait for the perfect moment.

I heard footsteps getting closer and closer.

"Huh? Where's Takagi? She's supposed to be here. Oh well looks like-"

"BOO!!"

"AAAH! TAKAGI YOU LITTLE BASTARD!! Ow!" Nishikata jumped back and fell down on his back.

"Hahaha! Oh, man Nishikata! Can't you see my face in a bush?" I laughed hysterically.

"Goddammit!" In frustration, he stands up and searches for bruises and scratches around him.

"Hahaha! Sorry sorry! Jeez, you should've seen your face. Are you okay?"

"What a start of a day. Thanks, Takagi!" His face shows a crimson sight that I wish to see every day.

"C'mon, the day had just started, we know that it could be better soon, right?"

"Hmph." He grumbled. Then we walked to school again, but this time Nishikata looks more angered than usual. I decided to dissipate his anger.

"Hey Nishikata, don't you know there will be an annunciation of our exam results?"

"Huh? The exam we did a week ago? Why now?" A roll of bead from his head started dripping across his face.

"Looks like you didn't listen Tanabe-Sansei yesterday. I'm looking forward to your results."

"Well, it should be good right? Because you helped me study?"

"Hahaha, well only helped a little bit. Mostly it was you."

"Y-yeah..."

Though we had just started the conversation, I began teasing him again relentlessly.

In class

Nishikata's POV

"Alright class, today we will be giving the exam results. For the remedial test, it'll be held in the next two days." Tanabe-sensei exclaimed.

He then took a stack of paper among his desk and started giving our test. I know that I will pass, but will it be as good as Takagi?