Chapter 13 - Fail

Violet POV

I skim through the books on the shelf, taking a deep breath I sigh in delight at the fresh smell of books. I pick a couple of random ones up, quickly making my way over to the leather couch, Stacking the books on the floor I pick up the first one and start reading. As much as I wish I could read at my favorite spot in the forest, Logan expressed how it's a bit too risky. That it can not only put me in danger but the pack as well. 

There has been a large increase in rogue attacks, and our pack seems to be their main target. Many threats and notes have been left expressing the want of my death. This, of course, made Logan furious, cautious and extra protective. I haven't been able to go anywhere by myself. All of his classes were changed to match mine, it's fine and all but this has led to a lot of harassment. 

Luckily that didn't last long, after a couple of treats from Logan people just keep there distance to stay safe from his wrath. Today I was able to lose him, and of course, the first place I go to is the library. 

"Finally, some alone time~"

Not even a minute later I hear someone yell my name, "VIOLET!"

I groan, already knowing who it is. 

The door burst open to reveal a worried Logan. I close my book, turning my head to meet his dark eyes. He starts to relax, with no hesitation he wraps his arms around me, burying his head in my neck. 

He mumbles, "I was worried."

He pulls away a bit, we stare at each other a bit before he leans in and kisses me. I push away before he can escalate, he looks at me again then starts to worry even more.

"What's wrong?" 

I open my mouth a bit to speak but close it, I give him a small smile. "It's nothing. I-"

'ALPHA! LUNA! ROUGES ARE COMING!'

We run out, striping our clothes and transforming. We line up with our warriors, standing as one we watch as a girl emerges from the shadows with the Rouges following behind her. 

"Hey Lo~" 

I look over to see him flinch, I look at her a bit confused. She looks at me, "And you must be his mate~ A fox? You could have done better Lo~" 

He growls at her, she gives an evil laugh. "Remember what we had Lo, we had something special. We were meant to be, 2 wolfs ruling together. Not some shifter who knows nothing about you~  L-"

He growls at her, and with that our forces started the attack. Logan went straight for her but the other rouges protected her, she soon disappears in the chaos. I continue my focus on the rouges, my emotions swirl in conflict.

"HELP! HEL-"

I look over to see the girl from before holding Flora, without a second thought I ran after them. Out of nowhere smoke surrounds me, fucking up my nose, I can't smell there scent. I move my tails around to clear the smoke. 

I make my way back to see our soldiers still standing strong, growling at the rouges as they exit our territory. 'Luna...'

I look down to see a half-naked man holding a dead body, but not just any dead body. It was Flora's mother, I crumble to the floor. Tears fall from my small eyes, I scream. Releasing a blast in the sky. 

'I failed to protect her! I failed!'

I felt a wet nose nuzzle on my neck, I look over to see Logon with sadness in his eyes. 'We'll find her, and get her back safely.'

I felt weak, I fell to the ground. Slowly transforming back into my bare human form. I look at my hands, only to see black spotting.

I blackout.