CHAPTER 91

[DARSHAN]

"Aditi, I love you!", I whispered in low voice. My emotionally drained, caramel brown eyes searched answers in the black, pained ones. The rain drops gushed past our body, making her cover her hands around her arms. Realizing, she was cold, I forwarded my jacket to her and she stepped back. "No, You don't... You never did...", she said and her eyes had turned red... probably the warm water from her eyes were mixed with the cold rain drops. "Aditi, you need to listen...Please let me explain..", I said my voice cracking, and she shoved her hand in front of me motioning me to stop. "Enough of this drama.. Go back to your lady and let me live ... Please..", she said breaking down and even before I could stop her, melt her in my arms, she turned back and moved away. I watched intently at her disappearing figure.

And then before anything could happen, I woke up with cold sweat and trembling hands. I had been in sighting this dream for more than two years. It has been two years since she left without looking back. I drank back some water and gulped in fear. Without wasting a minute, I headed towards the bathroom, opening the shower. The cold drops of the shower rushed past my skin just like the rain drops in my dreams. 'How would she be now?' , 'Where she must be now?', 'What she might be doing?' , 'Would she find another person for herself?' .... The train of questions always crossed the platform of my brain every time I had this night mare.

I dried my hair and dropped myself into a tee, and a pair of jeans. I glanced at the clock which struck 3.30 AM. Everyone must be asleep and I was not definitely going to sleep once again. I snuck out of the house wearing my hoodie, and went to the car.

I drove along the flawless road for pretty long. The night sky was scarred with the stars embedded in it beautifying the artistic nature. I parked the car along the marine drive and sat along the rocks.

The waves calmly hit the shore and when they did so, they looked enormous. They looked large.. just like pieces of my heart that were broken to thousands of pieces with the daggers of doubt. Doubt. It is a strange thing. If you don't have it, you don't know that your partner loves u or not.... And it becomes serious, it breaks people inside out.

All I needed was one time to explain everything. Just one time. I turned away, bored. I sat in the car and to avoid the silence groping me, I switched on the radio for some mid night broadcasts. One of them had my emotional songs on. I had never felt the lyrics strike through me like they did today. I had never snuck out of the house too..... If I ever had nightmares, I would sit back, cry and unknowingly would fall asleep. But today, I felt things were not on place.

I drove aimlessly around the city. It was weird that the always rustling, bustling city was in a deep slumber, making it easier for strangers to stroll around without the struggle of hiding. Just like me. It is not that the city was completely asleep. Some parts of the city were lit to illuminate the dark night swallowing the city.

After driving for minutes aimlessly, I drove back to home. The sun had not popped up in the sky to awaken the asleep city. I sneaked into my room successfully. As I entered, the first thing to catch my eyes was a old photo of her and I, smiling sheepishly at each other after a kiss. I let out a stream of warm water like every other night, the only difference was I didn't want to fall asleep.

I went into the studio room, making random tunes, recording songs which are never going to be released. They will just live between me and my heart.

It was almost 5 in the morning when mom woke up.

"You are up early today..", mom said kissing my forehead.

"Yeah... just woke up..", I lied. I didn't want to bother her.

"Should I make something to eat?", she asked.

"Yeah. I am pretty hungry..", I replied and she chuckled.

I chuckled with her.

After few minutes, she entered in my room with some sandwiches. "R u okay?", she asked concerned. After all she was my mom.

"Yeah.", I said non-chalantly.

"You don't seem so. I heard the sound of water dripping at some 3 in the morning, the only thing u do after a very bad dream and I even heard the car's engine.. R u sure u r okay?", she asked.

"Aditi.", I sighed. I can't hide anything for her.

She passed a sympathetic smile and caressed my head. She squatted beside me and pulled me into a hug and placed a small peck on my forehead. "Everything will be fine.", she said.

I smiled.

"Now have this.", she pushed forward the sandwiches.

"Nitin is getting married", mom said randomly.

"What?!", I choked the food out. My mom caressed my back and passed water to me. I gulped in a few drops.

"Careful gabbu", mom said disappointed.

"Mom? R u serious? How can he get married?", I asked absolutely surprised. Nitin, one of my closest cousin is getting married. We were nearly the same age and had made a promise that we wouldn't get married till we turned 27. How could he back off?

"Probably it is a love marriage", my mom said with a little clue. I should have guessed that. Or else he would never dare to back off the promise we ever made.

"When are we going?", I asked a bit calmer now.

"May be in a day or two. Don't turn me down. Just come to attend his marriage. It may help you", she said and left the room.

When I had the first nightmare of my life, I had screamed on top of my lungs and had sobbed hard. Her absence was something I never got used of but it was strange how I had tried to cope up.

I should attend it. It might help. Besides, I would never get my best cousin by my side in every trip alone now. I sighed off. I should.

//Hola guys! Are you enjoying? Sorry for late updates.. But I promise to be back with the best everytime I update//