Chapter 9

The next day, the Host Club was back at the pensione for their competition on who would get the last spare room. Aimi was sat at the counter with a glass of lemonade watching the tasks play out. She chuckled when Tamaki tried fixing a fence, but only began to make it worse, resulting in him hurting himself with the hammer and a deduction of points from Misuzu. 

She looked at the Hitachiin twins who were are the front door, "Welcome~" They greeted customers and escorted them to their room.

"Hmm... Not exactly subtle but they do get the job done," He nodded smiling, "Five refresher points," He marked it down in his notebook. He looked at Mori, "Oh, Takashi," Mori looked at him, "The legs on this table are wobbly, could you fix it up for me?" He asked.

Mori picked up the table and looked at Misuzu, "No problem," He said and walked outside to the yard.

"Yep. Efficient in voice and action!" Misuzu cooed over him, "Five refresher points!" 

"What's a refresher point?" Haruhi and I asked together.

"Haruhi, Aimi, do you girls know what our guests are looking for when they come to Karuizawa?" Misuzu asked.

"Umm, the nice weather?" Haruhi asked.

"The relaxing scenery?" I asked tilting my head, "In more ways than one..."

"Aimi is on the right lines," He pointed to Aimi, "Simply put, something refreshing! It's what they don't find in the city. Refreshing breezes! Refreshing views! And! Most importantly, refreshing gorgeous young men!" He cooed with a bright smile, "I'd love to let all of them stay, but due to having just one room, I have to choose the one I like the most and until it's decided, of course, I won't be treating them as guests," He explained.

"Basically... You're attracted to refreshing personality and you need men to help out," I look at him blankly as did Haruhi.

I giggle a little and stand up, Misuzu looked at me shocked, "I love it! It's amazing! This is why I love you Aunt Misuzu," I walk out, "Amazing!"

"I knew you'd get it!" Misuzu said with a smile and gasped rushing to her, "Aimi darling," The two work outside, "Later today, can you sing for the guests later?"

"Of course, I need to practice for the music club," Aimi smiled and walked to Kyoya, "Kyoya-Senpai? Mind if I join you?"

"Go ahead," Kyoya said and Aimi said down.

"You're not going to join the competition?" Haruhi asked standing between us.

"Why should I? We all have cottages around the place and so I'll just watch how it goes then go back to Honey's as it's the closest," Kyoya explained.

"Why is everyone else making it a big deal about staying here?" Aimi and Haruhi asked him.

I look back at everyone and stare in shock, "Oh my... They've tried to be so refreshing that all their work has been neglected..." I muttered and Haruhi nodded agreeing.

"Well, they've never worked for anyone before. So Haruhi, Aimi... Who do you think will win?" Kyoya asked.

"I have no idea," Haruhi said.

"I have a little idea,"  Aimi explained and Kyoya looked at her to explain, "Honey-Senpai's personality, Misuzu finds it cute but not refreshing as she can find a child to be the exact same, so he's out. Tamaki has a refreshing personality and appearance he comes a little closer, but if he shuts up and pays attention to his work he'd be fine, though we all know what he is like, so he is also out. The twins get the job done are likely but," I glance at Mori with a smile, "Thinking like Mizusu, there's a dark horse," I said and gesture to female guests staring at Mori who has his shirt off chopping wood.

"Something you like sis?" Haruhi asked.

"You like the silent type?" Kyoya asked pushing up his glasses.

Aimi rolled her eyes, "Oh yeah... The table," She muttered but frowned, "Wood for the fire?" She questioned wondering why he is chopping the wood.

"So, Mori-Senpai will win?" Haruhi asked.

"No, as if Honey-Senpai is out, Mori-Senpai is soon to follow," Kyoya said, "That means the twins will win... Aimi, how about some company later?" His eyes were on Tamaki.

Aimi looked at Tamaki and smiled, "Sounds good to me," She stood up and looked to Tamaki who looked at her confused.

Aimi looked at the fence work, "Something the matter my precious daughter?" Tamaki asked.

"Meet me at the counter in the B&B in 5 minutes, and play the right music," Aimi said and smiled, "I need Senpai's help and he needs mind, what do you say?"

"A piano?" Tamaki whispered stepping closer and Aimi nodded, "I'll meet you there, thank you Aimi," He smiled.

Aimi nodded and walked to her room getting music sheets. She looked at them as she walked down, "What are you doing Aimi-Chan?" Honey asked her with a smile.

"Oh nothing~" She hummed and walked to Tamaki handing him the sheets, "Think you can do it?" She asked.

Tamaki took the sheets and looked at them reading them playing the tune in his head, "Wow, Aimi... These are... Of course, I can," He smiled and they walked to the stage around with a piano.

Tamaki looked at the music sheets, "Aimi," He whispered and she looked at her, "It really is beautiful," He smiled at her.

"Thank you," She whispered and nodded indicating he starts playing the opening melody.

(A/N: Play the song now)

Aimi took a deep breath and looked forward before she began to sing, 

"I didn't know today would be our last
Or that I'd have to say goodbye to you so fast
I'm so numb, I can't feel anymore

Prayin' you'd just walk back through that door

And tell me that I was only dreamin'

You're not really gone as long as I believe

There will be another angel
Around the throne tonight
Your love lives on inside of me,
And I will hold on tight
It's not my place to question,
Only God knows why
I'm just jealous of the angels
Around the throne tonight

You always made my troubles feel so small
And you were always there to catch me when I'd fall
In a world where heroes come and go
Well God just took the only one I know
So I'll hold you as close as I can
Longing for the day, when I see your face again
But until then

God must need another angel
Around the throne tonight
Your love lives on inside of me
And I will hold on tight
It's not my place to question
Only God knows why
I'm just jealous of the angels
Around the throne tonight

Singin' hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
I'm just jealous of the angels
Around the throne
Tonight."

Aimi closed her eyes and a tear fell, she waited for Tamaki to stop playing and she turned to him with a smile. Tamaki looked at her and his eyes widen, he walked to her and they hugged, "Shh, it's okay," He whispered holding her to him.

Aimi wrapped her arms around his shoulders as she started to calm down, "Thank you so much, Tamaki-Senpai," She whispered and they pulled away.

Tamaki wiped away her tears, "She would love it," He said and they heard the Hitachiin brothers victory.

"Sorry..." Aimi said, "I thought you'd be okay after that," She shuffled her feet.

"Devasting," He sulked walking away looking at the floor.

Aimi got the music sheets and walked to Haruhi, "What happened?" She saw a cut on Kaoru's cheek, "Planned it?" She questioned.

"Well now," The Hitachiin twins said in unison, "Who could say," They grinned at the Fujioka sisters.

Haruhi looked at Aimi, "That was a beautiful song Aimi, was it about mum?" She asked and Aimi nodded, "She would be in love with it," Haruhi told her.

"Thank you," Aimi said with a smile.