3. Blind Date

{idol life, fluff, comedy, sexual tension}

But you've been replaced, I'm face-to-face with someone new.

⤟≻❈≺⤠

November 2018

Eating greasy food in luxurious restaurants was one of Chaeyoung's favourite hobbies. The experience was even more enjoyable when her good friend, Hyeri, was with her.

A wide smile spread across Chaeyoung's face as the restaurant hostess guided them towards the private room they had reserved weeks ago. They made their way through the rows of polished, granite tables and array of lit candles that adorned them. The scent of marinated steak and premium jasmine rice floated from the open kitchen towards the dining area. Chaeyoung inhaled deeply, her stomach rumbling at the delicious aroma.

Her eyes scanned the well-dressed customers – young couples on romantic dates, older businessmen sipping on only the most expensive wine as they discussed politics. Suddenly, Chaeyoung was grateful that Hyeri had told her to "dress nice", her Burberry coat and the short, white YSL dress underneath seeming to blend right in.

And even though she knew everyone in this place was too occupied with their own busy, rich lives to care about celebrities, she still couldn't help the twinge of anxiousness running through her as both Hyeri's fancy shoes and her own black heels clicked against the marble floors. Drawing attention. Out of habit, she pulled the knit scarf around her neck higher. Just in case anyone happened to recognize them.

When they entered their room, Chaeyoung finally felt like she could breath again. She released a relieved sigh as she slipped her coat and scarf off. Running a hand through her loosely curled, long blonde hair to tame the frizz, she then took a seat across from Hyeri.

The two of them exchanged a grin as the server brought them their menus, knowing that they were about to enjoy a whole feast.

Chaeyoung and Hyeri had become acquainted only a few months ago when they appeared on the same tv program. During the filming, they connected over their love of food and dramas. Afterwards, they had exchanged numbers and gone on multiple outings together.

Very quickly, Hyeri had become like another older sister to Chaeyoung, constantly supporting and comforting her whenever she needed it. Not only was Hyeri extremely outgoing and fun to be around, but as a senior in the entertainment industry, she also offered useful tips on how to make the most out of the 'idol-life'. Relationship advice, how to discreetly flirt with male idols at festivals, and how to stay hidden from the media – Hyeri knew it all.

She was also somehow the first to find out about the juiciest idol gossip.

"Did you hear about Jihyo and Daniel?"

Hyeri hadn't even lifted her eyes from the menu when she had said it, calm as a monk. Chaeyoung's reaction was the exact opposite.

"WHAT?!" She exclaimed, snapping her head up to gape at the older woman, "they're dating?! Why haven't I heard about this?"

"Probably because Blackpink never attends any events?" Hyeri began to laugh, but immediately stopped when Chaeyoung shot her an unimpressed look.

A cute pout formed on Chaeyoung's face, hating that Hyeri was right.

"Yeah well," she said, trying to contribute to the gossip, "did you hear about Kai and Jennie?"

Hyeri's loud laugh echoed through the small room, "girl, that's old news. In fact, I probably heard about them before you even did. Which is really sad considering Jennie's your groupmate."